Suggestion for sellers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenmouse

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Some thoughts i had to help people sell their snakes faster and help connect with buyers.
I do a lot of window shopping on aps i am sure i am not alone, ,Some adds with multiple snakes for sale and hatchlings as the posts progress , most sellers say things like #2 and #7 now sold and #4 now sold ect ect
Now after one or 2 posts of this type it becomes a logistical nightmare to work out which ones are still available ect .
As you bump you would be better off saying #2,#3,#4 still available or something like that as the potential buyers dont care or need to know which ones are sold just the ones still available.
Or better still just edit the first post and remove photos of the sold animals and update any price drops.
hope this makes sense.

easier to sell something with the pic for sure! and the price, was raised with the phrase "if you have to ask for the price you can't afford it!"

It's a shame though as you I can't seem to go back and edit older post, I would also like to remove to the pictures of animals which are sold.

easier to sell something with the pic for sure! and the price, was raised with the phrase "if you have to ask for the price you can't afford it!"

Well the thing is then people complain about stupid offers...don't post without a price if you know how much you want...

I didnt realize that sellers couldnt change their posts after a certain time? wonder why that is? I am a constant stalker of the for sale forum and must admit it can get confusing to read updates in bump posts. As a buyer, I must admit I am more drawn to the adds that have as much information as is sensible and pics are always good. I do like to see a price, but if I am really interested in the reptile I will pm the seller :)

I love stalking the sale part of the forum also. Not to look at anything to buy,but to look at the photo's. I knew what i already wanted,and just love seeing photo's of that particular snake so i look everywhere. I also like to know bits n pieces for sale that i can put in my enclosures. I missed out on heat cords,they were snapped up pretty fast lol,but i have bought (from ebay) a heat mat and in the coming months will be getting bits here and there so that i am fully set up by the end of the year/early next year when my new baby should be ready :D
Photo's do help quite a lot. I skip the ones without photo's.

For the life of me, I can't understand why sellers can't edit their ads or delete old ones, all we can do is to "close" the ad or bump "sold". These redundant ads are taking up space for no good reason. Can anyone see any sense in that?

For the life of me, I can't understand why sellers can't edit their ads or delete old ones, all we can do is to "close" the ad or bump "sold". These redundant ads are taking up space for no good reason. Can anyone see any sense in that?

Agreed , would be much easier / tidier if we could edit our for sale posts....

Having the old adds does allow a new seller to get a rough idea on expected price which saves the stupid EOI adds popping up, but I agree there should be an easier way of editing the posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back