Sup guys just chilling with my crocodile

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what country is this does anyone know the type of croc . also he said he was dieing when he found him (from what), it could have some brain damage which prevents its correct responses i would dearly love to see someone do this with a healthy adult salty. regardless of what type of "bond" people belive they can have with a pea brain dinosour. i assure anyone that belives they have bonds with crocodillians , its not mutual,

Last edited:
he seems pretty ligit , its an awesome story the way he played with that croc was out of control the croc just tried to get its balance no signs of aggression what so ever

regardless of what type of "bond" people belive they can have with a pea brain dinosour.

If they are just pea brain dinosaurs, then why do they go to a certain place each year to catch fish that come ova an overflow road in pitch black, for only an hour? how do they sense movement in water? and can stalk prey for ages, without giving the animal the slightest thought its waiting under the surface to attack? they weren't born with these abilities, over time they learnt these tactics. They don't seem pretty brainless to me...

regardless of what type of "bond" people belive they can have with a pea brain dinosour.

If they are just pea brain dinosaurs, then why do they go to a certain place each year to catch fish that come ova an overflow road in pitch black, for only an hour? A- hunger
how do they sense movement in water?A- disturbance to the water and can stalk prey for ages, without giving the animal the slightest thought its waiting under the surface to attack?A- move slowly & steathy they weren't born with these abilities, over time they learnt these tactics. They don't seem pretty brainless to me...who said they were brainless? They do have a brain, a pea brain
:D:D

I guess the only way to tell if there is a unique in this rare situation would be to sent other people in to the water to try the same tricks, any volunteers ?

This is interesting;

American crocodiles can be dangerous to humans, and attacks in Mexico, Costa Rica, and Guatemala are not unprecedented. These attacks rarely make international news, and therefore this species is not as well-documented a man-eater as its relatives. The species is reportedly timid, and seemingly lacks the propensity to attack humans of Old World crocodiles. In May of 2007, there were two instances within one week of children being attacked and killed by this species—one in Mexico just south of Puerto Vallarta and one in Costa Rica. No attacks on humans by the American crocodile have been reported in the United States, despite assorted anecdotes. There are approximately 500 to 1,200 American crocodiles in Florida

Agreed he's nut's but in a good way. I would love to be able to play with a croc just like him and still be able to walk away. What a rush!
Whats's wrong with crack? :D

Published: 8-17-2009
Source: The Courier-Mail
Author:

Have a look at this madman, just calmly wrastling this half a ton crocodile giving it a belly rub.

0,,6845890,00.jpg

" "When I found Pocho in the river he was dying, so I brought him into my house," he said.

"I stayed by Pocho's side while he was ill, sleeping next to him at night. I just wanted him to feel that somebody loved him, that not all humans are bad. "

And this kids is why you shouldn't smoke crack.

Read More...

Agreed he's nut's but in a good way. I would love to be able to play with a croc just like him and still be able to walk away. What a rush!
Whats's wrong with crack?
icon_biggrin.gif

Was reading bout this story few days ago, this guy has got a pair on him ay?! Apparently the croc was dying from a bullet wound to it's eye or something along those lines....Still, I can't believe how much trust he has in that animal, the first vid where he is dragging the croc out to the water then when they're a bit deeper it just calmly swims with him is just incredible!!!
Good on him for rescuing his new found friend, I say :)

If they are just pea brain dinosaurs, then why do they go to a certain place each year to catch fish that come ova an overflow road in pitch black, for only an hour? how do they sense movement in water? and can stalk prey for ages, without giving the animal the slightest thought its waiting under the surface to attack? they weren't born with these abilities, over time they learnt these tactics. They don't seem pretty brainless to me...

All valid and good points - though do any point towards learning behaviours that could incite mutual feelings of respect - I doubt the crocs waiting for mullet to cross over a ford on a river have any respect for their counterparts or their meals...

Though - there's always exceptions to the rule - but I am favouring the brain damage theory right now over this one - only based on your ideas seem to be based on behavioural instincts than learnt behaviour that is taught by either siblings or another animal.

But I definitely agree these creatures aren't brainless - but from everything I have learnt, read, seen they don't have the ability to learn behaviours either - but they come very aware of their surrounds - eg feeding time at a zoo.

If, and IF is a big one, given a chance, a captive croc no matter how long it was captive, given that chance will attack its keeper with no remorse what-so-ever.

This one - what an amazing looking bond - and very lucky indeed (on more than one level).

Great story - and enjoyed watching it on Ten News too - but hoping we don't have too many copy cats.

In summary - if if you raised a croc from an egg - their natural instincts suggest anything that fits in their jaw is food :)

PS - All above relates to AUSTRALIAN SALTIES - not the species pictured above :) The species pictured above has a complete different set of rules associated :)

and another you tube vid

[video=youtube;VtMMmql1_Zw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtMMmql1_Zw[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back