[SYDNEY] Aust Herp Society (AHS) Meeting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hetty

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
AHS - October meeting October 28th
Dr Jodi Rowley- Herpetologist and amphibian biologist from the Australian museum Sydney will be speaking on "Reptiles and amphibians of Indochina".

Biography-

I'm from Sydney originally, I did my undergraduate at UNSW, then moved to Townsville to do my PhD radiotracking frogs in the Wet tropics. After my PhD I moved to Cambodia to work for Conservation International, based in Phnom Penh, where I conducted amphibian surveys and training courses for local biologists in Cambodia, Vietnam and southern China. I'm now based at the Australian Museum. My research focuses on the diversity, ecology and conservation status of Indochinese amphibians, and I'm still able to conduct field trips in the region.
You can check out some pics and more info on www.jodirowley.com

Hope to see you all there, this should be a great talk.

and... the usual details (where, when etc..) are as follows:
icon_cool.gif

Free entry for first-timers. $5 every visit after that, or membership to the AHS starts at $25 for a year. You can download an application form here
http://ahs.org.au/docs/ahs.pdf
It's a small investment to help support the reptile community in Sydney.
And members gain free entry into the Australian Reptile Park out at Somersby
Australian Reptile Park Official Site

The meeting is held at the Australian Museum, opposite Hyde Park in Sydney.
You can get off Museum station, and simply cross the park. But it's also easy enough to walk from Townhall station, whatever's easiest.
Enter via thehttp://[url]http//maps.google.com.a...cbp=1,192.12081202642037,,0,3.154105735990728 stairs on William St. Just ask the security to point you towards the AHS meeting location. Doors open at 7pm.

More info:
Australian Herpetological Society - Meetings
Australian Herpetological Society - Meetings

Hetty,
Thanks for giving us the heads up on this one. I know the committe has been struggling to get the line up of speakers confirmed and advertised.

I see there are salamanders. An old favourite of mine!

Its also the launch of the new website :)

Jonny gets to light the blue touch paper and we all watch as it gathers great velocity into cyber space. Not to be missed! I've seen the preview and will be good!

Sheesh!! that makes me feel old..... internet old? Just imagine life without it eh? crazy!!!..

Anyone meeting at the pub or somewhere for a bite earlier and if so, whats the name...I wouldnt mind meeting up and introducing myself first so I dont look like a Nigel there. (all my mates hate reptiles for some reason) :cry:

Anyone meeting at the pub or somewhere for a bite earlier and if so, whats the name...I wouldnt mind meeting up and introducing myself first so I dont look like a Nigel there. (all my mates hate reptiles for some reason) :cry:

Its the william st hotel. Its just past the william st entrance of the museum at the next set of lights going towards the big coke sign

I'll be there as usual.. not sure if i'll drink..i vowed to give it away until the end of the month after last weekends experience.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back