sydney funnel web spider

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to see

It's a bit hard to see. Are you able to take it out and get a pic of it on your hand feeding. Not really fussy what it feeds on:lol:

actually sydney funnelwebs are only found in and around sydney, but there are many other, some right up to qld

and thats the truth all though the sydney funnel web has made it in to qld in the bottom of garden pots

It's a bit hard to see. Are you able to take it out and get a pic of it on your hand feeding. Not really fussy what it feeds on:lol:

already don it her you go by the way if you ever do try to do this dont move a muscle beter yet just dont do it

Last edited:
Little

I thought it was abig one...:lol:

Still nice though. Sydney Funnel webs have been allegedly found in Vic as well and have come down in plant pots as well

yer the big one would of bit me even if i did not move

Sydney Funnel webs are found from Newcastle to Nowra. They are considered the most dangerous spider in the world on stats, being the only spider to kill children in under 2 hours. A 2 year old was even killed in fifteen minutes. The Tree Dwelling Funnel-Webs, there are two, the Southern form, which can be found all the way down the coast to tassie, isn't as dangerous as the other's. The Northern form, found from the Hunter region NSW to SE Qld, is a scary spider indeed, it's latin name says it all "Hadronyche formidabilis" It is a massive spider, with a very bad attitude, BUT is quite rare and lives high up in tree's, bites are rare. It's venom is considered to be equal to the Sydneys. There are a few species belonging to the Hadronyche genus, they are all nasty, but none are more deadly to humans as yet as the male Atrax robustus.

My male is quite calm, and very hard to tease up into a bite stance, in fact it's almost impossible!! But still, no way would I pick it up.

Sydney Funnel webs are found from Newcastle to Nowra. They are considered the most dangerous spider in the world on stats, being the only spider to kill children in under 2 hours. A 2 year old was even killed in fifteen minutes. The Tree Dwelling Funnel-Webs, there are two, the Southern form, which can be found all the way down the coast to tassie, isn't as dangerous as the other's. The Northern form, found from the Hunter region NSW to SE Qld, is a scary spider indeed, it's latin name says it all "Hadronyche formidabilis" It is a massive spider, with a very bad attitude, BUT is quite rare and lives high up in tree's, bites are rare. It's venom is considered to be equal to the Sydneys. There are a few species belonging to the Hadronyche genus, they are all nasty, but none are more deadly to humans as yet as the male Atrax robustus.

i was bitten by a sydney funnel web spider wen i was 7 years old only 50% of them will bite babys tend not to bit well the ones that i have caught anyway.

i was bitten by a sydney funnel web spider wen i was 7 years old only 50% of them will bite babys tend not to bit well the ones that i have caught anyway.

What happened to you when you got bitten? My friend's mum was bitten by a red back and got very sick, she was in hospital on a drip for several days.

She was bitten while setting up those plastic fold out tunnels for kids to crawl through. She got bitten on the arm but didn't think anything of it. Later that night she got the shakes and started sweating heaps.

what spiders that are similar to those live in melbourne?
thanks

What happened to you when you got bitten? My friend's mum was bitten by a red back and got very sick, she was in hospital on a drip for several days.

i got rushed to the hospital i was put on a driper strait away i think i was there for a few days but i am not shore it was 11 years ago i can remember the pain of the bite though

another pic to keep the thread alive check this girl out

Last edited:
I use to like spiders when I was younger, but now I no longer have that facination with them. Now most of them freak me out- too many eyes maybe.

I once has a spider sense (like spiderman!) that reaching into my dogs unused kenel to pull out the old blanket was a bad idea, I quickly pulled my hand back out and straight away a large redback crawls up to where my hand just was. I empytied half a can bugspray on that thing just be sure.

Yeah I used to love spiders when I was younger also. When I was about 6 my mum found a container in my clothes cupboard with a white tail in it. She freaked out!
I don't know what happened but I am just terrified of spiders now. I remember a couple of years ago I opened our medicine cupboard and this big black spider ran across my hand, I cried :oops: I constantly have nightmares about spiders also. Maybe I need to holda big spider to get over my fear.

Ah spiders: my final frontier of prejudice. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back