Tadpoles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

genrer101

Reaction score
Hey my Striped Marsh frogs laid spawn, and it's been officially 2-3 weeks since they've hatched they're growing quickly. But I am wondering how long till they turn into frogs, and I've gotten a heat lamp because I heard heat makes them grow quicker and they have plenty of algae and frozen lettuce to eat :) How long do you think they have. How big do the tadpoles grow?

IMG_1823.jpg

I tried using a hang on filter with a sponge but the current was too strong for them.

Ohh congratulations on the new babies! Well you couldn't ask for easier tadpoles to raise then Marshies, I had a batch of these last Christmas.

No need for heat lamps or filters of any kind! Just put them in a good sized container and ensure you do a 15-20% water change, adding fresh dechlorinated water every 3-5 days.

They thrive on neglect these little ones, you will find they may start to nibble on each other if you don't keep food readily available. But just a tank is all you need!

They should mature in just 3-5 months! Not much time to wait at all. The only thing to be aware of is that little Marshies don't have the lovely sticky pads that tree frog species do, so make sure you give them a really gradual escape out of the water as they start to sprout back legs. The front legs come through VERY quickly (We're talking 2 hours between checking them and coming back and they are a froglet!), so ensure you provide that land gradient REALLY early to prevent drowning.

Ohh congratulations on the new babies! Well you couldn't ask for easier tadpoles to raise then Marshies, I had a batch of these last Christmas.

No need for heat lamps or filters of any kind! Just put them in a good sized container and ensure you do a 15-20% water change, adding fresh dechlorinated water every 3-5 days.

They thrive on neglect these little ones, you will find they may start to nibble on each other if you don't keep food readily available. But just a tank is all you need!

They should mature in just 3-5 months! Not much time to wait at all. The only thing to be aware of is that little Marshies don't have the lovely sticky pads that tree frog species do, so make sure you give them a really gradual escape out of the water as they start to sprout back legs. The front legs come through VERY quickly (We're talking 2 hours between checking them and coming back and they are a froglet!), so ensure you provide that land gradient REALLY early to prevent drowning.

2 hours to spawn legs? i would never have guessed that haha...wow...

nature is epic :D

2 hours to spawn legs? i would never have guessed that haha...wow...

nature is epic :D

It's really very cool! Their front legs develop inside their skin in a little pocket and then suddenly 'POP!' they push out a little hole and have legs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back