Taipan Bite's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bwana

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Gidday,
Not sure if you guys know yet but there were two taipan bites in Mareeba and Babinda last week.
Ken Wilson of Mareeba and Anthony (Tony) Johnson of Babinda.
Wilson was released a couple of days ago.
But apparently Tony Johnson is still in an induced coma.
He was bitten a his largest Coastal Taipan which is about 2.74 m and 14 years old.
Tony remains in a critical condition.
Some of you may remember when he was in a coma for 19 days after being bitten by a large inland taipan a few years ago.

Cheers
Brian

wow poor bugger!
hope he pulls thru ok
despite how deadly they are i gotta get one when im more experienced with snakes
Let us know if you hear anything on his progress!

It is good to hear Ken is on the mend, and our thoughts are with Tony.
Best Wishes and a speedy recovery to you both.

Gidday,
Not sure if you guys know yet but there were two taipan bites in Mareeba and Babinda last week.
Ken Wilson of Mareeba and Anthony (Tony) Johnson of Babinda.
Wilson was released a couple of days ago.
But apparently Tony Johnson is still in an induced coma.
He was bitten a his largest Coastal Taipan which is about 2.74 m and 14 years old.
Tony remains in a critical condition.
Some of you may remember when he was in a coma for 19 days after being bitten by a large inland taipan a few years ago.

Cheers
Brian

Not good for Tony , 2nd time round , might not be so lucky this time .

Yeh the story on the guy from mareeba was on page 2 of todays cairns post.. first ive heard bout the other guy though

Once bitten, twice dead

Bronwyn Cummings
Saturday, May 17, 2008
© The Cairns Post

KEN Wilson is back from the dead - literally - after a taipan bite stopped his heart twice and left him in an overnight induced coma.
Mr Wilson, 48, is still in pain after his brush with death on Sunday at his Mareeba home. He was released from Cairns Base Hospital on Thursday after being put in an induced coma, dying twice and being injected with four vials of antivenene.
"I thought about writing my last words but then decided that would use up too much energy," Mr Wilson told The Weekend Post. "It is an awful pain."
The snake struck Mr Wilson's right leg twice before he was able to get away. He had been removing some black plastic that was covering some equipment in the paddock when he heard "the unmistakable noise of a snake in the grass".
"I knew there was a snake there because I could smell it so I was being careful," he said.
"Then I saw it and went to run but on my second step it got me."
He said the snake was blindly striking at anything before curling itself into a "death roll".
But rather than panic about the bites, he elevated and wrapped his leg before driving back to the house and letting someone else call an ambulance.
"I felt nothing for about 15 minutes but then I started to get a bit dizzy and weak," he said.
Mr Wilson was rushed to Mareeba Hospital and given two vials of general snake antivenene when his lips turned numb and he began having trouble breathing.
He was put into an induced coma and given two vials of taipan antivenene then his heart stopped twice while he was being flown to Cairns.
"I woke up on Monday feeling like crap," he said.
Five days later, Mr Wilson was still limping and in obvious pain but pleased he lived through the ordeal.​
"I've had near-misses before but obviously it's not my time to go," he said.

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2008/05/17/3914_local-news.html

In last weeks paper , it said that he was 'stable and improving ' .

Ryano , and as for getting tagged this time , do you know something that we dont ?

Cheers

I have no idea what the go is with Ken wilson news story. It makes no sense whatsoever.
heard the unmistakable sound, smell the snake, death roll, striking blindly etc etc etc. Taipan striking blindly, suppose it could have been in preslough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back