Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i set it all up and gave Skitzza a test run in his new enclosure he slithered around for a bit then found a flaw in my rock wall but for him it was a snug hiding place but easy fix problem. so yea hopefully have it totally complete in the coming weeks.

Btw my stimmie is 5 months old now and i need to get some more food for my little guy this week do you think we could upgrade to fuzzies??

Hey Marzzy i did reply to this but it has disappeared so i'll post it again hehe
My fake rock wall directions are as follows:
went to my local fruit n veg got 3 polystyrene boxes (free) used the 3 lids as my backing and used the rest of the boxes to make the ramp, hide box and ledges. Layered the poly foam so it looks like a rock ledge been shaped by the weather. Used a can of expanding foam from the hard ware shop around $20 and simply squirted where i wanted a natural looking boulder.

Then i mixed a pond sealer with grey cement and covered all the foam, rubbing in brickies sand as i went. looking back i would of mixed the sand with the cemet, dad thought it may be better rubbed in but it's causing problems in the painting stage, but things happen.

went back to the hardware shop found a nice light brown water based acrylic paint (Burnt sugar) hooked it up to my dads spray gun gave it a nice base coat. Then added numerous acrylic paints mixed lots and lots of browns blacks and reds lol.

Sealed it with a non toxic vanish, which gave it an Amazing look!!! I'm over the moon with it, I'll def have to take some pictures.

Soon to be completed! a miner hick-up with the glass so we are having delays but hopefully have it soon!

That looks Extremely good love the datail and the gloss is good to fantastic job you and your dad did. I have a project going on with me step dad atm but its not snakes or anything to do with em but as soon as i finish it i will post it in off topic.

Looks great should be very proud.

Marzy

Thank for the good words everyone, going fake plant shopping tomorrow!!!! hopefully i will be able to find something suitable for it!!

The Taj Mahal is finally complete!!! well not totally only have to add a few practical things but the interior is complete it's in my room and we gave skitzza a trial run he loves it! after half an hour in his hide he was climbing all over the enclosure finding all the new hiding spots which was great to see. only had my snake for about 2 months and this was the real first time i had seen him be himself really and wonder around like he would not being interfered with humans was amazing, (100% better then watching him move aorund a click clack haha)

so heres some pics enjoy sorry about the size!!!
2008_0213extraz0012.jpg

2008_0213extraz0013.jpg

2008_0213extraz0019.jpg

2008_0213extraz0015.jpg

2008_0213extraz0017.jpg

2008_0213extraz0016.jpg

2008_0213extraz0018.jpg

A special thanks to my dad as well since he did most of the construction, i did the interior decorating haha. So please thank my dad as well he enjoyed all the comments you have posted previously!

My god that looks excellent the both of u deserve a big pat on the back i cant believe how good it looks
I am a cabinet maker and havent even made something that good LOL well done

Lewy

Cheers Stim72, yea i occasionally find my stim under his water bowl don't know how he gets there haha

Drazzy my snake is called Skitzza not pebbles, but maybe i'll rethink the name, Nah :)

Yeh use Pebbles for the next one:D
Awsome enclosure.
Could fit a few stimmies in there (MFFF?) :D:D:D:D
Hey where is Skitzza anyway (as a potential psych nurse-love the name:D)

skitzza is hiding in the cold end there, had a eye like a hawk on him tho because i had to take the glass out for 5 mins as i was taking pictures because it was throwing my flash back to the camera lol

Good Golly miss Molly.., thats is amazing.. my new enclosure will look crap compared to yours.. well done to both you and your dad..
You guys could definitly make a great business with your talents.
You have inspired me to get a bigger python to make an enclosure like yours. LOL, any excuse..
Congrats!!!

HAHA thanks violet but i am sure that yours won't look crap! thank you for your kind words!!

your enclosure looks great.good job!! Toastie you are lucky my dad wouldn't give a care in the world.He hates my frogs.The only time he likes them is when it's feeding time

ty RedEyeGirl, im currently starting my GTF enclosure! and soon to start build a 3 tier enclosure for bearded dragons and shinglebacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back