Taming wild snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
trollololol? if not, snowman has given you everything you need to know.

Sick well I've only had it for a day while I researched all the legal requirements etc.. I guess if my permit doesn't cover it then it will be going back. But I don't think i'm going to be putting it back in my workshop.

cheers to the people who actually helped rather then the doushe bags that make you feel stupid.

unfortunately there seems to be a few here that try and make you feel like a dummy, fortunately the majority of people here are very intelligent, helpfull and thoughtfull people who go out of their way to help you, your question is 1 that a lot of people would ask if given the opportunity to do so without getting made to look stupid, i too thought the regulations in FNQ were a bit more lenient towards wild caught reps, but by you asking your question 'I' found out it was not so by the helpfull inclusion of that part of the wildlife act that snowman thoughtfully included for "our" benefit, like with alot of other things it is just a matter of holding your breath and sorting the wheat from the chaff........................................................Ron

unfortunately there seems to be a few here that try and make you feel like a dummy, fortunately the majority of people here are very intelligent, helpfull and thoughtfull people who go out of their way to help you, your question is 1 that a lot of people would ask if given the opportunity to do so without getting made to look stupid, i too thought the regulations in FNQ were a bit more lenient towards wild caught reps, but by you asking your question 'I' found out it was not so by the helpfull inclusion of that part of the wildlife act that snowman thoughtfully included for "our" benefit, like with alot of other things it is just a matter of holding your breath and sorting the wheat from the chaff........................................................Ron

Definitely true Ron. Guess that's life. I'm glad I learnt that vital piece of information. I let him go. Was hard cause it was so nice. I've got a hatchy lined up to pick up in the next few days and looking really forward to it. The info snowman gave me definitely helped.

What are you getting Armo6?

Well it's my first snake and I haven't really found anything to exotic. I really wanted a stimson but the closest I can find one is Brisbane and that about 20 hours away from me. So I found a lady in Mareeba and she has spotted pythons. So I heard they are great first snakes. Then ill get something else as well a bit more challenging. Really excited to get into it though :)

That's cool Armo6, i am also picking up 2 hatchling spotties on sunday as well as another member here Bart70, so we will be able to compare notes and pics here on the forum as they grow...exciting days/weeks/months ahead hey.................................................Ron

Taming wild snakes !!! Ive caught and relocated wild pythons that were calm compared to some of the beasts ive got here...Considering you dont no much about snakes its not a good idea catching ANY snakes unless your 100% certain,even then its illegal !! Ive been trying in the last few years to tame some of mine..however they dont listen to me..I may even stop feeding them until they do listen to me...

U gonna get bit so bad xD and u will deserve it :p

Kill those bad habits with love and kindness and they will soon calm down :)

You won't find anything too exotic here as all exotics are illegal in Australia with no exceptions. Good to see you soaked up the advice and have done the right thing. Karma has rewarded you tenfold with some beautiful Spotteds! Wonderful snakes goodluck.

Yeah definitely. I just finished setting up my enclosure. Few little things id like to improve on it but I'm happy with the process so far. Don't want anything over the top while its still a hatchy. Really looking forward to seeing his/her personality and what's to come :) notes and pics of process will be great!!

[h=3[COLOR=#ff0000]you can legally acquire an animal that has been bred in captivity from an authorised reptile dealer[/COLOR].
not trying to be a smarty pants here but does that mean all QLD "backyard" breeders are contradicting this? I assume it goes on to approve said breeders tho..

Last edited by a moderator:
My first reptile was a spotted, they are great little pythons :)

You won't find anything too exotic here as all exotics are illegal in Australia with no exceptions. Good to see you soaked up the advice and have done the right thing. Karma has rewarded you tenfold with some beautiful Spotteds! Wonderful snakes goodluck.

C,mon one little corn snake or a red tailed boa wont hurt..Theres ALOT of things here in Aus that are illegal, it still doesnt stop alot of people...Karma will only bite ya in the backside....

if its a wild childrens you may have trouble feeding it dead mice
nice find though id love to see childrens in the wild lol or the workshop floor:)

if its a wild childrens you may have trouble feeding it dead mice
nice find though id love to see childrens in the wild lol or the workshop floor:)

It was a spotty Nilesh but it fed on a dead pinkie with no problem the day before i let him go so that was good. Moved the pinkie around a little bit to get it interested and he ate no problems. Was a shame to see him go but glad hes happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back