Tamworth reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

H.bitorquatus

Banned
Reaction score
Heading out to tamworth tomorrow, does anyone know anywhere within 5km of the main town that is alright for herping or bushwalking. What should I expect to see? thinking of going to endeavour park, looks like a good patch of bush. interested in seeing delma, granite thick tails, any elapids, mainly pale heads etc. Last time I went further north when I was out that way saw a few geckos but this time I will just be near main town. If anyone can reccomend a rubbish tip, sleepers, rock outcrops, tin, river redgums etc or anything like that please do tell, keen to see something, judging by the weather I will only find sheltering stuff, just hard cause looks like a lot of the area is farms.

Please PM if you have any suggestions

Thanks.

I grew up in Tamworth. As you mentioned the weather is pretty cold there now so may not see much out. Endevour park is good, although I haven't been for many many years. Might find some beardies around. Longyard golf course is good for a few elapids, mostly browns. There is a tip on forrest rd and there's also a few walking tracks up at the lookout.

Cheers,
Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back