Taping Staffy ears for show

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
agree with dipcdame. there is no reason to tape ears. the standard should be set as what the natural dog should look like. this should be the same with docking tails, cropping ears, declawing ect.

really hate these animal shows that require people to put young animals through such things. It's ridiculous

obviously one of those ignorant peeps who know nothing... taping is of no harm pain or discomfort to the pup.. and there are shows for everything even rat show, car shows, ALL shows are to show how you can better a breed or object.

you sound like the idiot in the shop who say oh my god the poor puppy having his ear taped.. its better then cropping the ear!!! which i agree shouldn't be done but making the ears sit better looking with no harm to the animal IS COMPLETLY FINE!!!!!!!!!!!

There are always going to be those for and against, though I must say, as much as I'm against the docking of tails, ear cropping etc (aesthetic surgery), I see no harm in ear taping. As long as it doesn't hurt the animal it should be fine, though I personally prefer my own girls 'crazy' ears, they're just gorgeous!

obviously one of those ignorant peeps who know nothing... taping is of no harm pain or discomfort to the pup.. and there are shows for everything even rat show, car shows, ALL shows are to show how you can better a breed or object.

you sound like the idiot in the shop who say oh my god the poor puppy having his ear taped.. its better then cropping the ear!!! which i agree shouldn't be done but making the ears sit better looking with no harm to the animal IS COMPLETLY FINE!!!!!!!!!!!

Pain? Probably not. Discomfort? Debatable, i don't think any living thing would enjoy having tape stuck to it's ears.

I guess it's something hard for us people that are not in the dog showing community to understand. But personally i've come so accustom to seeing dogs such as rottweilers and dobermans with their tails docked that when i see them with a tail they just look plain funny.. So i guess it's the same with showing? Once a standard is set in everyones mind of what looks good your dog has to meet it?

I dunno, personally i wouldn't get a dog if i didn't like how it looked naturally. It's like buying a car you wouldn't like unless it was customized.

.......... and, of course, you would KNOW how the pup feels, having something placed and forced to be in an UN-NAATURAL poeition............ NATURAL - whats SO wrong with that??????

YES, I AM one os those IGNORANT OF PEOPLES WANTS TO THE NEEDS OF THE ANIMAL ITSELF................... and I ask again.................WHY?????? WHY?????? WHY?????????
Your post was written by one obviously devoid of thoughts as to the animals feelings of being comfortable to being uncomfortable.............................. I ASK juliedamian;1415597 TO REMAIN FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKE WITH SOME PART OF YOUR ANATOMY PINNED TO WEHRE IT is not natural, AND see how long you can live with it....for the sake of looks???? I SAY NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
THINK about how your animal feels first......... if people did that, and REALLY took notice............ THEY WOULDN'T DO IT!

Last edited:
I agree with Dipcdame, dont get an animal if you feel you need yo do stupid things like this to them so that they look good to you. Say nasty comments about me or what evz i dont care. May i just ask what satisfaction do you get out of using an animal for show. And yes its using it. Its the exact same as the fat rank mums that enter their pretty little daughters in talent shows coz they cant get anything themselves. Your just exploiting your pet. Does it make you feel good?

let someone decide what part of you they dont like and tape it/cut it to make an improvement. Oh let me guess its completely different right because you have a voice and can say you dont want it done.

//end rant.

dont get the animal if you dont want to enhance it. pfft.. the pup shows no sign of distress and yes i would know as i nad others have done it many times.

they dont whimper or cry or anything it'd be just like putting your hair up or bandaging a wound or a broken finger to the other finger this has been done many time to humans without the bandage causing pain..

it fanatics like you who give good show and people bad names there's nothing wrong with showing or taping ears. and i'd know more then you do about the situation. im all for animal rights and animal cruelty laws ect but come on dont be a fanatic about it. seriously.

i hate it when people like you comment on something you obviously know nothing about.. why dont you leave it to people in the know..

And yes its using it. Its the exact same as the fat rank mums that enter their pretty little daughters in talent shows coz they cant get anything themselves. Your just exploiting your pet. Does it make you feel good?

let someone decide what part of you they dont like and tape it/cut it to make an improvement. Oh let me guess its completely different right because you have a voice and can say you dont want it done.

bahahaha again ignorance... your probably one of those if you wont eat it then dont give it to your dog people... pffft hello would you eat raw mince, would you lick up a dead animal thats been there for weeks, would you eat your own pooh cos dogs do..

hello people we are not dogs!!!!! if i was to cut my dogs ears or tail off for looks then i'd agree with you but taping IS HARMLESS AND PAIN FREE..... and many people get plastic surgury for things they dont like about themselves its life..

dog shows are to show that the dog is of a good breeding type, temperment, and structure among other things, its not based on beauty.. i suppose you think weight pulling for dogs is cruel too cos the dog pulls a heavy load oh wait do you thing sledding is bad too cos the dog pulls around people in the cold snow..

seriously fanatics anoy me..

Yes your so wise, when i grow up i want to be as stupid and pathetic as you. i wish i could be just like you and exploit creatures, but i have morals. A good show you say? how is it good show? a car show for example you build it up yourself their is a sence of achivement.

Perhaps you shouldnt own an animal if you are not content with it as they are born. its common sence.

I am actually a vegetarian so yeah i guess your a bit right. but no i take care of my pets and treat them with respect. people choose to enhance themself, did the dog ask you for it to be done?

oh and i LOVE my dogs bung ears and all, i care for my dogs in every way and as i said in the beginning a buyer wants the info for showing, its not our fault the judges have standards and its not hurting them so why not..

my dogs never once cried flinch or whimpered at the taping ears they played normal slept ate drank an crapped normal.. they went to the beach and park and vet as normal..

anyway what makes you think i care about your thought on what i do with my dogs? cos i dont

If the worst that happens to the dog is sticky tape on the ears then thats fine as far as im concerned.
In some places dogs are kept in small cages and then skinned alive..

I know you dont care, nor do i care about the justifications you say. Im stating an opinion such as you have your own on the matter. I just dont see the point in buying an animal if you wish to change it. You dont like my opinion ignore it, simple.

Oh and with statements like that you sure do sound educated. i think you have let a tad to much peroxide seep into your head. And the thing is you havent been ignoring it scroll up if you had been ignoring it why so many posts. Think before you type next time. now i'll say it again incase you still cant understand. If you dont agree with my opinion ignore it.

P.s Ignoring means not replying. i hope thats simple enough for you to understand.

actually if i was listening to you then i wouldnt tape their ears or show others how to but i still do.. thats ingnoring..

the only thing i agree with you on is that holdens kick fords butt..

oh and you can check out my profile im pretty sure my dogs look happy, healthy and loved.

I know some will heartily disagree with me and I'll probably get lambasted for this, but to me, the most beautiful thing is natural, not man-made or manipulated.

I'm not trying to be offensive Dipcdame... but domestic dog breeds wouldn't actually exist
without man-made manipulation... so by your own standards you don't support their
existence in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back