Taping Staffy ears for show

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Julie, your analogies are silly. How about saying "it's like taping your ears" rather than tying up your hair? Hair doesn't have nerves, ears do. If you tape your own ears and can't feel the sticky tape then I suggest you see a doctor.

As I said, I'm not for or against the practice as I don't know anything about it. I do, however, believe that you shouldn't call people "fanatics" for having an opinion, and their opinion to me, an unbiased person, doesn't seem fanatical at all.

well tieing up your hairfor the day gets annoying by the end of the day as would ear taping to the puppies but annoying is different to pain. im not causing any pain or ill effect to the pup what so ever and if i were im pretty sure it'd have a little whinper which it doesnt.

i never said it wouldnt be annoying to the pup i said there is no pain and no harm caused to the animal.

I don't think its much different than making your dog wear a bucket after surgery.... I think the bucket would be more intrusive than a bit of sticky tape.

well we cut little boys foreskin off lol

I was thinking that before, good point. :lol:

Which would be the equivalent of cropping a dogs ears or docking the tail, not just taping of the ears.

Sooo if you did drill a hole in a turtles shell (it wouldn't feel it at all) and tie a leash to it is this right or wrong?

A vast majority of Australians actually don't and most doctors will avoid doing it/advise against it wherever possible.
wrong now these days some might, but 10 years ago no it wasnt like that.
and you will find most parents whos farhter has been cut get there sons cut no matter what a doc says.
I myself beleive if your born with it why cut it off and my boys are intact
cheers ps i liked the look of some breeds of dogs with there tails docked
and have had vets dock tails for some of my jack russells when i was breeding them
and they used a local so the pup coulnd feel it.

Just cut the mutts ears off so the arguing on here stops....please kiddies. Dogs that go "Chopper" style look the toughest. Also, when you put them in a pit to fight, the opposing dog doesn't have ears to lug on, giving old Chop Chop an advantage. While we're docking the ears, off with the pooches tail too. All they're good for is wagging- which seems to be pointless and a waste of energy.
Smile- re-adjust the make up plastered on the faces This was just a pointless post...or was it.

Gozz my boys got to keep their sock! ...as far as the ear thing its not cutting or inflicting pain ..no different to me, then a child having to wear a double nappy at birth due to clicky hips ...i dont agree with tail docking for looks but some breeds should get done due to tail injury ...ear cropping is cruel ...but to be honest i love staffys flippy floppy ears :)

Do you not have the intellectual capacity to understand breed manipulation has been going on for hundreds and hundreds of years? Selective breeding and manipulation by humans has been going on for a long time, if it weren't for that you would have noone of your beloved breeds as they are today.

Taping is nothing to get your panties in a knot over, it does no harm to the animal whatsoever. I am probably the biggest animal lover / human hater here, and yes I will challenge anyone who doubts that. If I thought it in any way cruel of course I would be against it. I love the breeds of yesteryear and it upsets me seeing them all go downhill. Look at all the working breeds, for eg German Sheps, Rottweilers, Boxers, Dobermans, they are now nothing compared to how they were in the past, and I can guarantee don't work as well either.

Thats the last I will have to say on the issue as I really don't feel like reading through post after post of insults being thrown at me when I was merely suggesting my opinion. Classic APS at it again! Can't have a decent debate without the name calling. :D Yes directed at you Vat, grow up you child. :)

Did you even read my post? I said nothing about the history of breeding and made no mention of cruelty. Your reply has nothing to do with what I actually said.
I said you compared two things that are not comparable and you come back with some rant about breed history and animal cruelty.
And there is the answer to my orignal question. I see you weren't joking.
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back