Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter nice chat to you yesterday. It is nice to put face behind the face mate.

New Girl

As the new girl on the (herp) block (and lutzd's partner) I had a great time yesterday at the zoo and it was great to meet so may kindred souls. Until yesterday I was an interested onlooker, but I've been tagged - I want my own!!!

I've fallen in love with Briony's Water Pythons and just gotta have one or two, or ........................???? The Murray Darlings are pretty cut too. Oh oh, I can feel a move to new premises coming up.

David is stoked with his new baby and she's settling in well in her new home. A bit shy yet and unsure of her surroundings and VERY snappy, but sooooooooooooooooooooo cute. David's scouring his grey matter for a suitable name, so stay posted!

Slateman said:
Thank you Greg
As you know this 2 persons was My wife and my friend. They had no Idea what is going on and just hang with group as I was busy to organzed few things with other people. Mind you that my wife is not interested about reptiles and animals at all and was confused where I am and ring me what is going on, why I am not there. She had not Idea that group is going on paid behind the sceen tour and in the midle of tour startet to chase me by the phone. Hix was with me at that moment and know what happened. So please do not call her unscrupulous hanger as she was there by accident and not interested about all this at all.
I understand that you could not resist to comment, I would not expect any less from you.

Well I'm glad I didn't disappoint.
I was only voicing an opinion held by a few of the people that did pay for the privilege.

Could have been easy to find the door out Jan.
Maybe a $20 donation to the Iguana fund from you might help balance the unfortunate incident.

Greg

RE: New Girl

Well, I had a great time (apart from the slightly sunburnt scalp, where the hair is thinning just a tad!):).

Fantastic to meet a few of the faces I hadn't met yet and catching up with the old ones.

Absolutely blown away by the gift of the bredlii! Can't thank those involved enough. She's settling into her temporary enclosure well, and once I've completed the new, larger enclosure for my olive, the newbie is going to sublet those premises! ;-) Haven't thought of a name for her yet - I want to get to know her first, but I'll post pics and her name when I've thought of something appropriate! She VERY feisty and ain't afraid of ANYTHING! :) :) She's rally quite lovely. Again - thanks a millions, guys!

I've got quite a few photos of the day, including shots of me receiving my new snake, so I'll upload thos sometime today.

Saw the shots that Mark uploaded this morning (haven't checked for others yet), but Mark! There are some superb photos in there! Great job! ;-)

RE: New Girl

That'll teach me not to log on for a while....I am off this whole weekend and could have come up to the gathering!!!! BUGGER!!! And on my birthday too....*pout*
Afro popped in on his way back so that was the bright spot in my day today! Poor Afro is probably still blind after seeing me in my undressed state though...hehehehe
Thanks Afro for popping in!!!! It was GREAT to see you :)
Going to check out the pics now

I saw the Red Pandas :D

It was a good day.....got to meet a few new people and the weather came good which was great.

I do not need way out Greg thank you. I admitted to Hix and ewerybody what happen straight after I find out. I apologyze for the incident whitch happened by mistake, and money was paid at entry when we left Taronga by my friend.
But thank you Greg for educating me. You are so valuable commodity for all of us. Thanks again. I wish you all the best as I do to all nice good harded people with compassion for others.

MY GOT

I just found out you cant edit post after 1 hr, so.............

Just a word of thanks To Darren for organising tickets etc and to Hix for organising girraff feeding too! very cool, and Em for becoming a fairground ride for the kiddies, they loved it, and last but not least thanks Sheralyn for making nametags with funny nicks for the kids, LOl Thanks Guys/Gals! :D

Thanks so much to Huggie for organising such a great behind the scenes tour for us - the Komodo dragon was also a real treat. And thanks to Hixy for taking advantage of your contacts to organise the private giraffe feeding too. My children and I had a wonderful day! It was also great to meet some more members from far and wide.

Now when can we do it all again??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Darren (Hugsta) for organising the behind the scenes tour. Those who went had to pay extra for it (except for 2 unscrupulous hangers on) but it was well worth the extra cost as part of it was a donation to the zoo for the Iguana research.

Thanks for raising this point Greg. I had several people ask who they were and if they had paid. I also don't think it is fair that everyody had to pay extra for this tour exept for a couple of ppl. I also know if my wife and I are on a tour we don't leave without knowing where each other is, not half way through.

I admitted to Hix and ewerybody what happen straight after I find out. I apologyze for the incident whitch happened by mistake, and money was paid at entry when we left Taronga by my friend.

Slatey, if you had told me, as I was the organiser, I probably could have stopped any posting on this topic. I know you are fairly strict on your rules on this website as I am when organising things. I like to be upfront and honest in my dealings with ppl. I was embarrased by not being able to explain the extra two ppl who had not paid at the zoo. They had a head count before the tour even began as they new how many tickets had been purchased. They counted the ppl through the door and then approached me quietly on the side and brought this to my attention. However they agreed to let it go as I did not want to put a dampener on the day.

If you did pay the extra money at the gate when leaving then thankyou for doing so.

Darren :D

Black Betty ( my bike thing) can't go in the rain (something about electricity !!zap!!!!!) But - nothing can beat the power of begging the God of good weather! lol

What a cool day. I was zipping round and a little bit of machinery always attracts the kids. Did you hear Harrison laughing out loud? He's a happy little sweetheart.
And Marianne it was nice to share your happy moment in the reptile enclosure when you got your phone call.
It wasn't enough time - too many people and so many rides to take kids on. But meeting Slatey, David and Afric was like meeting my heroes aw.
Ty all for your contribution to the day, just by being there. it was well worth the trip.
Great to meet - for the 1st time, Inny and family, Huggy, Sheralyn, Peter, Duga ,Nicole, Joel, Alexander - there just wasnt enough time!!!!
Moth was impressed and happy to meet the people I talk good things about ALOT! lol
Shadow was just warming up - fortunately we left before he became the evil 1.

Beautiful reptiles and good company make me happy.
Therefore I am happy.

Em xx

About the other topic being discussed here....maybe the word 'unscrupulous' was not the correct word as it gives connotations of underhanded actions. I doubt very much that it was underhanded or premeditated.
:)

It was pleasure in organising the tour guys and would do it again without hesitation. :D

Was great to meet some faces behind the names on APS and have a good ol' chat.

Thanks a heap hix for organising the Giraffe feeding, it was very interesting and also to Sheri for a fantastic little name badges with snakes and all on them.

What a great group of people!

I've been watching David for months now, beavering away on the APS site but not really understanding his passion for it.

However, after meeting so many of you yesterday, I now understand his enthusiasm and dedication. As the newby on the block, thanks for making me so welcome and I look forward to future gatherings and being part of the community.

Brenda Bredli is settling in well, snapping at everything that moves. She's so cute. David is smitten!

RE: What a great group of people!

Nah Mazgal, he tells you it's APS but I reckon it's the Playboy site myself :) LOL only joking but I want to thank you both for your wonderful hospitality over the last coupla days :) Thank you very much.
The gathering was great for me as it was the first opportunity I had to meet a lot of you guys since I joined the site way back when. You're not a bad bunch of buggas after all :)
It was great to see all the hard work put in by Dai Bach recognised on the day too :) And what a sweet little BreeeeedleeeeeI that is, just superb :)
All in all it was a very snakey weekend for me. Great job on the name badges Sheri, good job on the Firewater slatey, Hic, and fantastic job on drinking it Bryony :)
Thanks to each and every one of the attendees for making me feel so welcome, I,m gonna stop ranting now just in case I start sounding like Inny :) Sorry mate, couldn't resist it :)

Dissapointed Muddy! I didn't get a ride :( Only joking sweetness :) It was great to meet you and even a pleasure when you ran me over :)

I missed a few photo opportunities didn't I? Lutzy and Slatey claimed a go too. (BTW I would have let you ride it alone and not sit on my lap like the kiddies).

lol Afric - loved running in to you lol! I mean meeting you. Admit it, you were too fast on your feet. Great accent there Phil. 'Yarn' (Jan) also, I heard Slateman Inglish in person!!

I had one crash!!!! I ran over a little boy! I was exiting an exit and he was entering the exit. I think I broke him but I just put it on bunny speed and made for the nearest hidespot.
Kidding, his Mummy made him say sorry to the crippo. lol
Hix, you were a great tour guide and a font of information (and you don't like Americans. I'm with you!) thumbs up!
Bry, what words are there to describe you? You make me smile. alot. Laugh even! lol. you are an excellent girl.

Maz, you and David are a great couple, it's a great shame we didn't have more time. Moth felt the same. He saw why I like these people, and slowly but surely he's understanding our (Astro, Shadows and my) passion. He's only passionate about me - lol. -blushes- :) But he has always had a healthy respect for reptiles, being a country boy, and now he's enjoying the learning process. He's finding it interesting. Because he works out in the forestry alot he sees some great reptile sights, and tells me about every siting now. YAY! a convert.
My only problem is that he may want HIS OWN snakes and that will mean less he'll buy for me!!

We are leaving Sydney today, if I'd had the energy we would have visited with some of you but we sort of knew that the Zoo day would be a biggun and my body would have a spasm after. So we've rested and now we'll chuck a 'uey' and head north.

Talk to you all soon.

Em :) x x x x

I am thinking to visit Fetherdale park in December. Mabe that would be good oportunity to meet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back