Tassie/Red-bellied Pademelons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imported_tuatara

Reaction score
does anyone keep them? general care? sellers? looking for as much info as i can on them, starting to grow very fond of native mammals especially macropods, maybe a bit too much for my current space! :)
anyone have any other ideas for smaller mammals other than gliders? hopping mice and fat tailed dunnarts are what i'm looking at currently.
Edit: Would a 13x6x6foot enclosure be okay? there's also a quite large hide box(3? feet maybe) that i could get rid of and such. doesn't seem to be many native mammal keepers here.
It'd reguarly be out of it, would mostly be in when i'm gone/when unsupervised.

You can get very small wallabies, such as the Parma wallaby.
In SA I see them for sale every few months. If hubby's dog wasn't a peace of poo, I'd have them myself.

It's important to note they are very small and absolutely defenceless. So if you just had them roaming your backyard vs in a cage, you'd have to be very weary of foxes, cats, and birds of prey

For marsupials, they used to be much more widely advertised (like on RDU and here). Now not so much.

I'd recommend joining the marsupial society of SA and of VIC so you can access the zoo's and keepers surplus lists.

Yeah I see them every 2 months or so for about $200 each on ol gumtree.

Our household is funny. I browse gumtree pets non stop, and my hubby does the same for motorbikes. We're most often not buying stuff , but still obsessively look lol.

same, i saw a pademelon for sale for 800, now looking that seems very expensive, or at least i'm guessing so? i've only ever seen one wallaby for sale in the 3+ months i've looked, then again i look weekly mainly, gonna look more though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back