Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
where would a small uv glowing scorpion look good? cant decide........

The problem with uv glow in the dark pigments is that they're fairly "new" on the market & no one knows what long term effects may result with these chemicals beneath your skin. Also the "glow" effect only lasts for several months to a year.

Doing a white tattoo is an option to Uv
A little more subtle for those that don't want visible tattoos slapping people in the face :)

The problem with uv glow in the dark pigments is that they're fairly "new" on the market & no one knows what long term effects may result with these chemicals beneath your skin. Also the "glow" effect only lasts for several months to a year.

I thought they lasted longer? Around 1-2yrs for scar to heal then it is invisible unless under uv. I could be wrong though.

Rick

I thought they lasted longer? Around 1-2yrs for scar to heal then it is invisible unless under uv. I could be wrong though.

Rick

There's different brands of uv (glow in the dark) pigment on the market...the longer lasting ones have a higher concentrate of the chemicals that react to uv light.
The point is, they've only been on the market for less than 10 years so no one really knows what carcinogenic qualities they may have in the long run.
As early as the late 70's mercury was being used in some colours...simply because it made vibrant blues & greens.

White tattoos aren't really an alternative. White is really only good for mixing & lightening colours not ideal for colouring on its own. Your own skin pigmentation can easily over-ride the white & once blood mixes, it can heal a dirty "pink-white".

Last edited:
There's different brands of uv (glow in the dark) pigment on the market...the longer lasting ones have a higher concentrate of the chemicals that react to uv light.
The point is, they've only been on the market for less than 10 years so no one really knows what carcinogenic qualities they may have in the long run.
As early as the late 70's mercury was being used in some colours...simply because it made vibrant blues & greens.

White tattoos aren't really an alternative. White is really only good for mixing & lightening colours not ideal for colouring on its own. Your own skin pigmentation can easily over-ride the white & once blood mixes, it can heal a dirty "pink-white".

I feel like I've started abit of trouble

image.jpg
image.jpg

From the other day..

Attachments

• 21447_614989451867388_539539044_n.jpg
    21447_614989451867388_539539044_n.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
Thanks sharky. I wanted to put my biggest passion where everyone could see it. :)
caliherp that was the first four hour sitting maybe five to six more with colour.. the top of the head is pretty easy its when it starts running down the sides it start to bite hard! Haha

Becca Marie the artist was Mr_ink from platinum ink Sydney. His obsessed with reptiles aswell. :)

Rick
I was thinking maybe trying it out on the outline of my turtleView attachment 294584

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 256
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Just finished the girl on Wednesday, the boy a fortnight ago, my two biggest passions in life

E5E56967-40F8-4F52-9D84-28525C134461-4971-0000047C36A0BDFA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back