tawny dragon tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilZ

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi i have bought a 60cmx41cm (LxW) and 40cm high, is this good for 2 tawnys or should i stick with one?

- - - Updated - - -

nevermind after a bit of searching on this forum i found the answer, it said 2ft is fine for a pair. but if anyone has any tips because im getting them as soon as i get my licence hopefully it would be nice to know more than what i do know. :)

hi i have bought a 60cmx41cm (LxW) and 40cm high, is this good for 2 tawnys or should i stick with one?

- - - Updated - - -

nevermind after a bit of searching on this forum i found the answer, it said 2ft is fine for a pair. but if anyone has any tips because im getting them as soon as i get my licence hopefully it would be nice to know more than what i do know. :)

You should research more than you know now regardless.
I am sure there are a few dragon experts that will be able to give you a few pointers.

yeah ive done a bit of research but only thing i found is on these forum, it would be nice for a dragon expert to tell me things i havnt read yet. i read theyre as hard as beardies and people tell me theyre easy, i fount one thread that said basking 29-35 and ive also seen someone say upto 40 :/ so it would be nice to know 100% before i get the lizard.

- - - Updated - - -

also it would be nice to know max size including tail, all ive seen people say 6-10cm svl but i would like to know how big they get with theyre tail.
Thanks, Phil

According to Danny Brown's "Guide to Australian Dragons in Captivity", tawny dragons (and other rock or crevice dragons as they are known) are ok more than one in a tank. Still, if I were you, keep an eye on them for a couple of weeks after they have settled in, just in case one starts to dominate or bully the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back