Tawny Sleeps At Hot End.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattTawny23

Reaction score
Hi All,
Can anyone clarify the temps for a Tawny Dragon and if I need to leave my Heat light on at night. Its a 75W R80 Black (Lights up purple). My Tawny also seems to sleep in the top right of the tank behind one of the roof clips (which is around 30ish Celcius if i leave the lamp on over night. He doesnt seem to sleep down in the cool end in or on the hidy hole.)

Any tips and info would be great cheers.

tank img.
http://imgur.com/a/4xH5j

Whereabouts are you? And how old is the dragon? How hot is your basking spot? Is the black light your only heat?
Sorry for all the questions, but the answers will affect your solution.
First of all, from the photo the tank looks too small for a dragon. Minimum size for most dragons would be 1 metre with 1.2 being ideal. A depth of 500 mm is also good.
Most keepers don't provide night time heat for their dragons, although some do for juveniles in their first year. Basking temp for your dragon should be in the low to mid 40's. It's easy to get that with a rock under the light big enough for him to bask on. You need a "white" heat globe to mimic the sun.
And lastly, don't worry about where it sleeps. Dragons can and do sleep in strange positions. One of ours used to regularly sleep upright in the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back