Telemarketers dealing with us

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stimsoni09

Not so new Member
Reaction score
how to deal with telemarketers the real deal written by me a telemarketer

if they are calling from Australia and you don't wanna hear from them again ask to be taken off there list/ database they have 8 week by law to remove your number (ask for the agent ID of the operator and write down the name of the company they are calling from)
if you get a call from them after 8 weeks report them!

register with the Do Not Call Register
https://www.donotcall.gov.au/consumerfaq.cfm#exempt
it wont stop charities but it does Stop the phone compernies
there other groups also exempt so read when you register

anything else wont work you will still be called no matter how much you swear at me im not allowed to remove you number UNLESS YOU ASK!

also if you move states change your address with your mobile phone compant for pre-paid

you didn't here this from me ;)

Last edited:
my god i was a telemarketer while i was studying...... to all those ppl who go nuts down the phone.... just remember we are/were just trying to get ourselves thru education. and unless u put urselves on the list dont go yelling down the phone. its easy to just say no or hang up, dont make someone elses day miserable.

This whistle blowing post, is like watching ACA or today tonight.. or what ever those
cheesy housewife media shows are. :)

I have loads of sympathy for telemarketers and I am always really polite when I tell them I'm notinterested. I just can't bearthe ones who hang up as soon as I start saying that I'm not interested (I am being polite, why can't they?).

At an accident , middle of busy intersection , Police , Ambulance , Firebrigade all waiting for me to move the car on its roof and the phone will ring . Good morning , we were just wondering if you are happy with your --------- service .

Sorry, I know they are just trying to earn a living, but when I have a bad day at work, and I finally get home and sit down to dinner, the last thing I want is a knock at my door by 2 Indian's who can barely speak English telling me that they are about to change my phone plan. It's rude!! Plain and simple!! I wish they'd put in place a law stopping people from trying to sell stuff door to door.

Another thing that annoys the hell out of me, is all these people setting up stalls at shopping centres selling stuff. I don't mind them being there just as long as they don't try and hijack me as I'm walking past. I go shopping to relax, not to be hassled by people trying to sell me stuff I don't want.

I'd have to apply for nearly every other job imaginable before I would resort to promoting that industry. I understand that people need jobs, but that's gotta be up there with the worst. But that's just me, I've quit a few jobs after discovering I didn't like their principles or ethics.

I don't mind it as a job; I like helping people I just don't like the whole sales aspect.

Another thing that annoys the hell out of me, is all these people setting up stalls at shopping centres selling stuff. I don't mind them being there just as long as they don't try and hijack me as I'm walking past. I go shopping to relax, not to be hassled by people trying to sell me stuff I don't want.

:? A lady selling moisturisers grabbed my arm once after I told her I wasn't interested and rubbed moisturiser into it, I remained calm. But can be quite menacing for a small person, I told her that I have alergies to the perfumes and fragrances in moisturisers and that I haveto be so careful because sometimes I get a really bad reaction, I told her that if anything happened to me it'd be all her fault and she'd find herself in a whole lot of trouble.

About 15 minutes after walking away my arm got red, itchy, hot and quite tender to touch where the moisturiser had touched. I saw the center management about it and calmly told them what had happened. I didn't ask for any compo or anything because it would likely go away quickly once I got home to the meds cupboard, they said they would look into it. I didn't go back to the shopping center for ages, so I dunno what happened about it...

Last edited:
I like telemarketers as much as iI like the wonderfull parking inspectors down at Bondi. Im sure both are sourced from the same country too!

omy gosh.. i am nice i tell them no, not interested, and they KEEP GOING... that annoys me... once i let them say all they wanted to say, it took 10minutes for them to finish, then i said 'again, no thanks..' then they hung up. no thankyou for sitting through my crap, no thanks for not hanging up on me straight away.. just bang fine you dont want my stuff im not going to be nice to you..

Nat ;) x

omy gosh.. i am nice i tell them no, not interested, and they KEEP GOING... that annoys me... once i let them say all they wanted to say, it took 10minutes for them to finish, then i said 'again, no thanks..' then they hung up. no thankyou for sitting through my crap, no thanks for not hanging up on me straight away.. just bang fine you dont want my stuff im not going to be nice to you..

Nat ;) x

That's why you hang up 1st :D just hang up straight after you say not interested :lol:.

I like telemarketers as much as iI like the wonderfull parking inspectors down at Bondi. Im sure both are sourced from the same country too!

its amazing what water does to chalk on tire's it just disappears and you get a whole 2 more hours of parking without moving.

i work in a call center for a concrete company with only incoming calls. i have to deal with one other call center and they are all good to deal with. one thing i hate is when people call in complaining of how long they had to wait to get through. average wait on a busy day is about 30-50 seconds. i fell like saying go call telstra and come back and complain about waiting 30 seconds for your call to be answered

Got a call from a telecommunications mob about 4yrs ago. I said at the get go i was happy with my current set up and wasn't interested at all. The lady (an aussie) started swearing at me and telling me how dumb i was. Once i started swearing back at her, she was telling me not to swear at her cause it's rude. So, I continued to swear at her for about another 15 mins, called her a rather unpleasant name, and hung up lol

i like to talk over the top of them CONSTANTLY and dont allow them to talk, THEY end up hanging up:lol:

Well Being 15. Mum and dad get them all the time.. Im on the phone to my GF pretty much all the time.. They ring.. SO i tell her ill ring u back got another call.. FRIGGIN INDIAN.. OMG.. sorry not intrested. oh but rar rar rar f--- stupid BEEEEEEP BEEEEEP BEEEEP Your fringging annoying you BEEEP :) i hate them.. rude arrogant.. And always try and insist on selling it to you.. NO ONE WANTS IT... ITS NOTHING GOOD ANYWAY.

I use to have an Indian guy ring regularly. My house mates all knew him as well because he was the only person that would ring for me (I've never given anyone my home number, but my name is on the bill). We use to just take the phone of the hook a leave it with him on the other end talking away. We figured that if he was going to waste our time then we would waste his. Sometime I would ask him to hang up but he never would so then I told him that I had put our number on the do not call register (which we had). His reply was that because they were a private business that it didn't matter, however it was the last time I heard from him.

I had previously asked him to remove me from thier list, which never worked, and it wasn't until we registered the number that he stopped calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back