Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geckoman1985

Reaction score
we have probley alll experance an excape of one of our pets over the time we have been keeping them meny are found a few meters away from were there enclosuers are i want to here about other peoples excapes and were thay found them again and how long thay were missing its no a nice feeling loosing a pet not knowing were it has gone to.

some of my storys are as fallows

2007 female southern spotted velvet gecko (dora)got out of exoterra enclosuer for five weeks or more in the summer strange thing is she ues to lay her eggs all the time in the water dish in her enclosuer few week arfter i found her there were two eggs in the window cill behind her enclosuer i thought thay may have been hers so i piced them up thay hatch a few weeks later the only southern spotted velvets i got from the pair

2009 /2010 lost spiny tailed gecko fornd 8 mounths later in my mums closet

when had my onw house taja and baja my bredlies were alloud to roam the house when i was in it never went far at all to this day baja hardly leves his enclosuer even if the door is open

2012 dissaprence of gex thick tailed gecko during enclosuer clean yet to be found

i lost my spotted python back in 2009 for 6 weeks and then i found her in my radio it was a shock when i went to put my cd in there and she is all curled up but im suprised she survived that long because i live in port macquarie

Maybe you should make sure their enclosures are more secure

- ybn

Maybe you should make sure their enclosures are more secure

- ybn

No matter how secure an enclosure is - pets always seem to find a way out regardless. No need to be negative.

I had a couple of Hatchie Marbled Geckos escape from a critter keeper type enclosure (that was in my room) and I never found them. They could still be roaming around the house somewhere for all I know.

Just recently my female Murray Darling got out of her click-clack. I pretty much tore the whole house apart looking for her. Turns out she was curled up in my dirty clothes pile. Lol. Very lucky.

Mine was my spotted python escaping its tank in the living room and finding refuge in my girlfriends 9month old beardys tank ....we woke up to the beardy hissing and staring down the snake... :D

No matter how secure an enclosure is - pets always seem to find a way out regardless.
I haven't had an escapee yet, this is partly due to my OCD when it comes to checking that the enclosures are locked. If you set up your enclosure/tubs right & take the correct precautions you should never have an escapee.

Last edited:
That's true Dan
In my 1st year I had 3 escapees and now that I get into the routine of doing things correctly and making sure enclosures are secure nothing is getting out

i had a proffesional snake tank bought it full set up. my carpet use to wrap himself around the heat light and due to his size the glob would fall through and he would escape through the hole, found him trying to get into my birds cage wanted to eat my cockatoo.

I have had a few but the funniest was a 4ft Darwin that got out when the sliding glass I locked wasn't touching the outside wall . It was missing for a few weeks when I saw it peering out of the wall air con . I pulled it apart but couldn't find him so I figured He went outside . Another month later I was on the computer around 2 or 3 in the am when I heard a thump next to me as the snake fell off the window sill :]

"Why are your stimsons on the couch in front of the heater"? They had escaped 3 days earlier.

Oh, I was going to post about me escaping from the handcuffs, but I guess I misinterpreted the thread title.
It was my great escape tho.

excape? I don't think I've ever had one of those, now an escape, sure, several times.

My mate had his colection in the granny flat - got complacent one night and left the door of his 6ft carpet open ever so slightly and she got out. He searched the whole flat for days and three weeks later found her on the outside windowsill waiting for a well needed feed lol.... he was on 5 acres with plenty of bush around too.

ive had a childrens escape out of a sealed chinese container, they can get out of almost anything if they want to

well 1 of my snakes got out i was taking pics for my sis and didnt but the lid on (left it full of) then when i woke up i went to check on my pythons and she was gone so i looked every were and she was sleeping in a cup O_O

The next morning after putting my coastals in their new enclosures i woke up to find them both missing. After stressing and searching for hours in absolute agony we found one under all the bedding and newspaper. After finding that the first one was in his bedding when looked in the second one, but (hence the name*) Hudini was nowhere to be found. After searching for another few minutes we found him to be right up in the top part of the tracks of the sliding doors on the enclosure. I have never been more frighting in my whole life. Especially when all the snakes and enclosures are located in my bedroom. :lol:

escapee 1 / I was sitting at my computer when a 2 meter python slide across the cathode ray monitor. This was quite a long time ago when I lived in SA. I never figured out how she got out.
escapee 2 / We went away for a Easter break and we let some people stay in the house. When we got back we noticed that some stuff was knocked over. It took a while, we thought it might have been the guests, but I realized that all knock overs were along the walls. A check revealed that one cage was not properly locked and a large python was out. I tracked him to the top bathroom and the only open window. I had to reassure the wife that the python was long gone. About two minutes later she came screaming out of the Laundry and I was reunited with my pet. I can still remember the conversation:
Me: That was the loudest scream I have ever heard. My ears are bleeding. You're lucky you are deaf!
Python: what?
Needless to say my reassurances to my wife don't work as well as they used to

First one for me was my adult marbled gecko (Sticky) that I lost outside, found him a few days later sneaking back into the house, second was my smallest water dragon (Rascal) who went missing during a feed and I found him 2 days later in the shower lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back