temp

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my tank is about 2mtrs long got a heat mat at warm end thats on a timer and a 60watt bulb in there is that good

You can tell by watching your snake whether the heat is right, but you should invest in a thermometer so you can keep an eye it it properly.

Your snake should move about the enclosure to regulate its heat. When it gets hot it will move away from the heat towards the cool end. If your snake is spending all its time at the warm end, under the light that should tell you that he isn't getting warm enough to need to move away so should increase the heat a couple degrees more. If you need to increase the heat change the bulb for a larger wattage. If your snake is spending all or most of its time at cool end, the warm end is too hot so suggest changing the bulb to a lower wattage.

Does any1 have a pic of a stimpsons before its about to shed that i can look at pls?

Just wanted to know when they get close to it wat they look like
;)

I hope you check your spelling before you teach your children to reaserch.

PS Welcome to the site
Search Stimson on here and you will find some advice from people that actually keep Stimmies

Spelling wont kill my kids!!!!

Wrong temps with snakes will, my point was, that when getting a reptile you should know its basic requirments.;)

Well my snake was given to me mate never had 1 b4 so its all new to me all i was after was some friendly advice any is much apperciated thanks.:)

Yeh its a bunnings 1 its one that gives out heat

Geez mate. ?You're running a huge risk with it. It sounds like one that may have been either wild caught or illegally obtained because all herps have to be kept on a proper license and I suspect you don't have that.
If you do, my apologies, but depending on what area you are in you should try to get someone with a bit more knowledge in to check out your set up and make sure everything is ok.
Hope this helps.
If you let me know what area you are in I may be able to point you in the right direction.

The temperature extremes within the cage, don't matter as long as the python has access to 30c at all times. Make sure that where this temperature is located in the cage is a "safe " area for the python and not too exposed.

Spelling wont kill my kids!!!!

Wrong temps with snakes will, my point was, that when getting a reptile you should know its basic requirments.;)

Are you are saying that if you don't maintain the correct temps in your reptile cages, your children will die:shock: Gee Whiz, I better invest in some better thermometers!:lol:
It sounds as though you have a good sized enclosure, as long as you have an area in it that reaches a good basking site (in the low 30's) then the rest of the tank can be covered in snow and your animal can stay comfortable.
I think all new keepers should invest in a couple of basic husbandry books,( keeping childrens pythons) will cost you under $15.00 and has all the relevant info you would need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back