Thailand pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonL

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Just got back from Thailand, land of the noseless snakes (all kept in wire mesh enclosures), we did enough km's over there to get us to the moon and back, went to the far north (Burma border) down to Phuket Island in the south, and a few places in between, did some herping, though with most days over 40 deg, not to many snakeys out and about during the day, though found a few. I will post a few pics of various sites we saw, starting with some frogs, the place is a frog lovers dream, in some places, frogs bounced off your legs like ping pong balls, and there were plenty of them too, but sorry, no pics allowed ;)

Attachments

• 1 thaifrog.jpg
    1 thaifrog.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 2 thaifrog.jpg
    2 thaifrog.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 78
  • moth.jpg
    moth.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 3Thaifrog.jpg
    3Thaifrog.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 72
Jason,

Glad to hear that you had a great trip. I am looking forward to seeing pics from your trip. Please include a few habitat shots as well.

The frogs above are great. What are the species? The sphinx was a beauty.

Regards,
David

And for those who don't know me, I'm the one with the large stripey cat, and my daughter is with the small one.

Attachments

• jemtiger.jpg
    jemtiger.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 191
  • LNtrbe.jpg
    LNtrbe.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Monks.jpg
    Monks.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Tiger temple.jpg
    Tiger temple.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 257
  • warcem.jpg
    warcem.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 62
I havn't ID'd all the frogs yet, as I just got home on friday, have plenty of habitat pics though

Attachments

• 4Thaifrog.jpg
    4Thaifrog.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 66
  • efelump.jpg
    efelump.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Thaitoad2.jpg
    Thaitoad2.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Thaitoad.jpg
    Thaitoad.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Calotes versicolor.jpg
    Calotes versicolor.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 84
Hope you had a great trip Jase, looks like you got some great shots!

We stayed a while in Chaing Mai, an hour out of town in the hills, most of the frogs were up there, they also had their own elephants on site, every morning while we ate breaky they bought them down for painting ect, not bad at it either. I would have to say Phuket zoo is a joke, animals in poor condition everywhere, whilst that wasn't as suprising as the hole in the tigers fence, I was going to put a sign above it "pat tiger free" but the wife said no....? or how about the domestic cat having a sleep at the back? the blur on the side is the tigers ear.

Attachments

• efelumppic.jpg
    efelumppic.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 71
  • beastie.jpg
    beastie.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 68
  • holeinfence.jpg
    holeinfence.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 85
  • catnap.jpg
    catnap.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 146
  • Bankok.jpg
    Bankok.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 91
They grow their insects big up there, that was one huge Katydid!!!, The "ranga" was probably the best part of Phuket zoo, my son is sitting with it and it has his origin hat on.

Attachments

• Gaint Katydid.jpg
    Gaint Katydid.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 71
  • Gaint Katydid1.jpg
    Gaint Katydid1.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Phuketsunset.jpg
    Phuketsunset.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 51
  • bluessupporter.jpg
    bluessupporter.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 138
  • maqua1.jpg
    maqua1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 54
That damb golden tree snake haunted us around the hotel, we saw it on a few occasions, even in the middle of a slough, though they can climb like no snake I've seen, even climbing on a verticle flat wall, I wasn't able to get a good pic of it :(

Attachments

• Calotes emma.jpg
    Calotes emma.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 83
  • bronzeback.jpg
    bronzeback.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Giant millipedes.jpg
    Giant millipedes.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Chrysopelea ornata.jpg
    Chrysopelea ornata.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Mabuya multifasciata.jpg
    Mabuya multifasciata.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 56
Good pics Jas, and great to see the kids having fun. I love the moth in your first post!

All these critters were found on hotel grounds at Chaing Mai, whilst walking around at night with a beer and a torch, the only way to herp on 30 deg nights!

Attachments

• Frogchaingmai.jpg
    Frogchaingmai.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Microhyla pulcha.jpg
    Microhyla pulcha.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Oligodon fasciolatus.jpg
    Oligodon fasciolatus.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 189
  • spider1.jpg
    spider1.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 97
  • Tokay.jpg
    Tokay.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 119
nope, a Banded Kukri snake, I found two of these. They have modified teeth for slashing at reptile eggs of herpers fingers, they eat pretty much anything though, from reptile eggs, insects, frogs, anything else that moves. They took some playing with to turn agro, and when they did they were pretty slow strikers.

Jason - Tell me you had a go at catching a Tokay - and please post photos and details of how many stitches it required :D

...HAHAHAHA - absolutely brilliant photos mate, cheers...

We stayed a while in Chaing Mai, an hour out of town in the hills, most of the frogs were up there, they also had their own elephants on site, every morning while we ate breaky they bought them down for painting ect, not bad at it either. I would have to say Phuket zoo is a joke, animals in poor condition everywhere, whilst that wasn't as suprising as the hole in the tigers fence, I was going to put a sign above it "pat tiger free" but the wife said no....? or how about the domestic cat having a sleep at the back? the blur on the side is the tigers ear.

Nice pics mate, I was just up that way myself last month. Did you see the "Snake Farm"? I found that experience so traumatic I couldn't post the photos here.

re Thailand

Jason - Tell me you had a go at catching a Tokay - and please post photos and details of how many stitches it required :D

...HAHAHAHA - absolutely brilliant photos mate, cheers...

Yeh asian,they are reall biters the tokays hey,that tiger jason san is with looks like it eats more than crickets,stuff that tame tiger stuff,they are all friendly till they bite cha leg off :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back