That moment when your heart stops

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ouroboros

Reaction score
My brother visited me tonight which was nice, but it meant that I was a little distracted when feeding my baby beardie. His viv has a slide out plexiglass front and an open top. I usually take out the plexiglass, get Lumiere out and put him in his feeding pen and put the plexi back. After feeding Lumi his dinner tonight I put him back in his viv through the top and hung out with my bro. He just left and I was doing the rounds before bed when I noticed the plexiglass leaning against the cabinet. OH CRAP!!! I'd put Lumiere back in to an open tank! For a few heart stopping moments I thought for sure he would have scampered off, never to be seen again (he is only 5"). To my relief, he was still there! Thank my lucky stars.

Very glad he was still there. What a relief! Try living with a 16yr old brother and an 11yr old sister. Don't mind the brother but the sister, don't get me started :rolleyes:. At least my brother has been in France for the past 2 months.

Many years ago, my brother put his bearded dragon on the main rooms windowsill to get some sun, he then left the room and forgot about it.
The next day he checked the tank and couldn't find his beardie, he freaked out and after lots of searching, found it in the exact same spot basking.

glad you found him, i have had a few heart stoppers myself.

lol, try having a 15 year old brother who hass A.D.D, dislexia and suffers from depression oh and also sleeps about 2 hours a night and spends the rest of the night walking around the house, walking in and out of your room, walking in to you babies room while you are feeding her at 3am and asking "do you want me to feed her" wen the last thing you want is an unpredictable teenager left alone with your baby. refuses to walk in the kitchen because your cockatoo is in there and the bird aparently looks evil and scares him. oh and don't get me started on the reptiles or dogs he scared of them all.

oh yes you can, just delet them out of your life and your best mates become your family and your pets too.

Ive been shopping with my enclosure open and came back to find my coastal hadn't moved from her perch haha

Only this morning ive opend one of me Stimis enclosures lifted the hid and she was gone...yes me heart sank.....then this head popped up...she was laying along the front enge where i cant c her.........gets the heart a racing i tell ya
lol.gif

Try feeding 6 greedy green frogs...
Every time I open the enclosure I'm expecting all six critters to leap out at me.

When feeding 4/16 baby blue tongues it can get distracting anyway 1 went missing I searched everywhere couple of days went by think he's definatly gone, a week later he's in the washing basket...... I have no idea how he got there:D

Lucky :D He's a good beardie ;)
I have that moment a lot....I always forget to shut my rats' cages. Everytime I see them open I go "Oh crap!" But then they poke their heads out of the cage door for a cuddle :) They're good rats :D

heart stopped this morning when my gf ran in my room screaming the snake got out its gone haha i was freaking out went through his tank all his hides i was thinking damn not another one gone little fela was hiding up in his little bush

Attachments

• IMG_1627.jpg
    IMG_1627.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1628.jpg
    IMG_1628.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 49
I was letting my ferret out for a run in the backyard then got distracted as it was feeding night for everyone else. Roll forward 6 hours, lying in bed, fear strikes me. The ferret is still loose in the yard. Probably gone now, in the neighbours yards with the dogs.

Nope.

Find him, curled up in his old bed that I had taken off him and was sitting in the garage next to his cage.

I was letting my ferret out for a run in the backyard then got distracted as it was feeding night for everyone else. Roll forward 6 hours, lying in bed, fear strikes me. The ferret is still loose in the yard. Probably gone now, in the neighbours yards with the dogs.

Nope.

Find him, curled up in his old bed that I had taken off him and was sitting in the garage next to his cage.

haha thats mad my girl friend wants a ferret but i keep changing the subject

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back