Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you honestly think that professional breeders overseas would pair animals from different locations? It is not an amateur scene like over here. I have been in many conversations with some of the most well known breeders in the world and I can assure you that animals they bred were from known localities. You dont have to believe me off course as is usually the case but I know how competitive it is and it can never be compared to some of the nonsense that i have heard on this side of the world. Before you think how it is overseas watch that video freely available form the herp shop called reptilemania. It might be an eye opener for some. Also go and look up on Moreliapythons.com . There are old threads where they discuss this issue of locale pure animals that so often gets mentioned on this forum. That might also be an eye opener. I guess its true what trueblue says, Ignorance is a virtue!!!!

Yer,i believe it all just like those albino bhp's :lol:

Morelia_Hunter said:
Do you honestly think that professional breeders overseas would pair animals from different locations? I have been in many conversations with some of the most well known breeders in the world and I can assure you that animals they bred were from known localities.
I know exactly where you?re coming from there, come over and meet few breeders at the European shows, locality info is important even in captive bred stuff & they want to know what generation, and if it hasn?t got that info then it gets left on the table. they'll have breeding records (with photo's) that go back to day 1, which could be 10-15 or more years, absolute fanatics is the only way to describe them! But they get the results, as you can see from some of the strains out there.

Hey, that big mess of hatchies in the 3rd block of pics look just like my Oopses!

That's right, I am sure people here imagine breeders overseas as waking up, putting on a blindfold, sticking a hand in one cage and puling out snake and A and the sticking a hand in another cage and pulling out snake B and throwing them in another cage and hoping for the best.
Of course there are breeders who care little about locality just as there are here, this is why I cringe when I hear in a negative way that things will become like they are overseas where no-one knows what's what. Believe me the good breeders know exactly what's what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back