Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this is the Bredli thread, I have a little story to share. Now People can say snakes are snakes and they don't feel as we do, but like to think otherwise with my girl Rose. I have this Air hockey table that swings over to become a pool table. Occaisionally I let my girls out to roam on the air hockey side. Anyhow, Rose got herself into the end part where the swivel is attached to the frame that supports the table and got stuck, really stuck. Being about a year and half old or so, shes not skinny, poor thing was so wedged that she sounded like she was hissing like a panicked and scared child when I found where she had disappeared to. I thought it weird because normally you can't get a peep out of her. Anyhow when I discovered where she had herself wedged and made skin contact with her, for her own reasons she just stopped hissing altogether and allowed me to get into gear trying to work her out of the spot. She was wedged into her spot tight, took me ten minutes to even try to get her spine untwisted from where her body was wedged and when she was free, instead of running away as most snakes I guess would, she scrambled up my arm and perched herself on my shoulder. It was so cute, like a child wanting consolation for a boo boo.

Sounds like she was stuck good and proper. I don't know how to explain her behaviour but it would seem like you own a very good snake.
My bredli is only a year old but already he is my favourite snake. I prefer him to my female coastal cross and I didn't think any snake would be better than her.

Yes she's a very good snake, very companionable and travels very well, loves attention and being around people. She gets the most outside and ppl time than the rest because she is so placid and easy going and has this magic placid touch over some of my other snakes. She is my third python yet she is my favourite.

I'm so glad you were able to get your special girl unstuck. She really sounds unique. And i have the same theory as you. I believe you can form bonds with your snake and some individuals do enjoy the company of humans. And IMO they do know the difference between each handler. But I know someone will come along soon and shut me down with their beliefs of the exact opposite :)

31b044e3-0418-3d5b.jpg
Stella my hypo bredli

Here's a couple of my mates Bredli's we took yesterday,

Big nasty Alice

20-05-2012 Alice.jpg

and the lovely Miss Fluffy (before you ask idk).

20-05-2012 Fluffy.jpg

I seen those pictures mate, and the snake in question is a cracker! A monster as well! He makes my 'big' snake look small.

I seen those pictures mate, and the snake in question is a cracker! A monster as well! He makes my 'big' snake look small.

Haha..... That's not a "he" mate, she's a lady. i think she's about 6 or 7 yrs old, no idea of her weight, but she's heavy.

pythrulz that picture is a fail!
You don't have to be a brilliant photographer but at least post a picture that is in focus. haha
Thanks for sharing though mate, from what I can make out, your snake looks a cracker!

bahaha agree with dannydee when you get a pic in focus post it on here so i can actually see what a proper hyper looks like ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1197_1024x765.jpg
    IMG_1197_1024x765.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1222_1024x765.jpg
    IMG_1222_1024x765.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_1350_1024x765.jpg
    IMG_1350_1024x765.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1383_1024x765.JPG
    IMG_1383_1024x765.JPG
    203 KB · Views: 174
Not sure if I have posted these before because I am not used to the pic system here, but here goes. Got both of my girls from APS members
Rose
attachment.php

Rose loves to play pretend, this time she's pretending to be trouser snake!
attachment.php

Poppy
attachment.php

Poppy, a picture taken by her breeder, Benshelley, shows her colour better
attachment.php

Last edited:
Some really stunning bredli folks. Mine is coming up for a shed, as soon as he does, I'll post another picture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back