Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it would be nice if I had a proper camera to take better pictures of him instead of my phone though.

Whilst this is about Bredli's.....Can people offer some advice on general temperament?

I understand that there will always be the 'snake from hell' in any species......but generally what are they like?

I note that the book "The Complete Carpet Python" references them as being one of the more placid breeds and puts them alongside the Murray Darling as an excellent forgiving first snake. I have seen a couple that were that cranky I would not even give them to my ex- mother inlaw!! I have seen one that was an absolute pussycat - just a big sook!

So those with experience.....How do you rate them? Are they a good general beginners or family snake?.....or would you rate them more as a snake for someone with a little more experience and maybe less family oriented?

Interested to hear opinions?

I would say they are a beginners snake, if you can handle the size of them. they do get fairly big for a beginners snake IMO. Our bredli was the first snake in the house. She has bitten once and once only (mums fault) it was a feed response bite thingy.

I would suggest them as a first snake :)
9/10 I say ;)

Big red girl crawling around

Attachments

• IMG_6408_640x960.jpg
    IMG_6408_640x960.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 168
What a beauty Big Red is!!

I (FINALLY) pick my Bredli from the airport on Friday!!
All the way from Snake Ranch to Melbourne!
Ill have pics up in five more sleeps! (Not that I'm counting... Much :rolleyes:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
What a beauty Big Red is!!

I (FINALLY) pick my Bredli from the airport on Friday!!
All the way from Snake Ranch to Melbourne!
Ill have pics up in five more sleeps! (Not that I'm counting... Much :rolleyes:)
Love um at that age...mines also from Sr 2 yrs ago tho lol

I finally got around to taking some half-decent pics of my girl Maggot. These were taken 2 days after what may or may not be a pre-lay shed (please see OTHER THREAD).

BRDL_04_13_03.jpg BRDL_04_13_04.jpg BRDL_04_13_05.jpg

female i bred that hatched in Feb... unfortunately she has been sold, hopefully i made the right decision to hold back the female i did...

I can now add to this thread.
This is Atlas :) he's my first snake too. He's a little defensive the poor thing but I can already see him relax from the time I've gotten him out to the time I put him back in :)

Attachments

• atlas b2.jpg
    atlas b2.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 51
  • atlas b1.jpg
    atlas b1.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 47
2heekig.jpg

better photo

I just cleaned my enclosure out today and fed Diablo... first couple pics is with the bark substrate and before I cleaned it out, been away for a little while and the missus will feed him but not get in and clean it out hahaha
The other pics are from today, now with red sand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back