The circle of life...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry89

Reaction score
I'm not one for molly coddling wildlife, however the company renting next to my workplace was moved along a few months back (plant place) and they had a resident Water Dragon. This little dude was basically hand fed by them for three years, since he was only small apparently, so we were asked to on occasion dig for worms so he had a supplemented diet, he is not a great hunter apparently due to this dependence. Hence, the boss named him Larry and we received a new employee.

Things have progressed as they should, we provided a stable water source for little aforementioned Larry and would all take turns excavating lunch for him on separate days etc, and he grew, shed and fattened up a little, all was good in his world it seemed. The transition of owners was treating him well.

Today however we have been unable to locate our resident Larry, and whilst I was searching his dirt mound and tree house, discovered a new roommate! This roommate (a rather large Coastal Carpet Python it seems), appears to have a rather long and large Larry shaped tummy bump… We might have fed Larry a little too well… I guess time will tell if he is simply hiding out until his new neighbor leaves, or was indeed a nice lunch himself.

Sort of puts things into perspective for you though...

IMG_3544.JPG IMG_3543.JPG IMG_3570.JPG IMG_3688.JPG IMG_3679.JPG

I have observed Kookaburras feeding on freshly hatched lace monitors, they seemed to know when they were due to hatch and were waiting.
A few months after that while bushwalking I heard a hell of a racket from some kookaburras and it was a very distressed mum and dad watching in horror as a big lacie swallowed alive their almost fledged chick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back