The dog thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AJ (Alaska jnr) - pedigree Jack Russell pup.
20180131_041029.jpg

Fast forward a few months to Father's day 2014 AJ & Alaska. AJ was still growing into his ears. Lol
1397789_10152283297603079_675756156_o.jpeg

Rewind wayy back to 2011 - Alaska graduates obedience training top of his class at 14 weeks old. The making of a fox hunting champion. Still a scrawny little rat dog yet to fill Out.
Puppy pre-school.jpg

July 2013 Alaska is maturing and soon father's his first litter of pups
27052012411_1.jpg

Alaska - 2016
Screenshot_2016-12-24-17-00-44.png
Barking up the right tree...
20170527_165408.jpg
20170527_165501.jpg

Alaska 2017 - 6 years old and in his prime.
20170618_165920.jpg

Last edited:
No they dont . They idea of the JUG breed was too get rid of the pug issues by crossing with the very robust jack Russell .. awesome dogs heaps of character and fiesty !
Ok fantastic!

I'm actually considering adopting a greyhound - I just love their temperament and looks, plus they are pretty much the only dog breed I'm not allergic to, for some reason! :)

They're apparently not very good pets since they are very hard to house train, and not very well behaved either.

A guy up the road has a treadmill for his greyhound and it runs for 20minutes straight on it,

No sarcasm

He then walks it for an hour..DAILY

Yeah unless you have a very active lifestyle, greyhounds are as demanding as Jacks.. I've gotta do 10km every day with mine and then play fetch for half hour... you'd be better off getting something you are allergic to and just having a telfast every day. My father-in-law is allergic to his Jack Russell but a telfast every morning keeps him from having any hayfever like symptoms.

Yeah unless you have a very active lifestyle, greyhounds are as demanding as Jacks.. I've gotta do 10km every day with mine and then play fetch for half hour... you'd be better off getting something you are allergic to and just having a telfast every day. My father-in-law is allergic to his Jack Russell but a telfast every morning keeps him from having any hayfever like symptoms.
Their "active lifestyle" public image is a misconception from their racing careers. Here's a segment from GAPNSW -
"Contrary to what a lot of people think, greyhounds are more like sprinters rather than marathon runners. This means that most of them only require a 15-20 minute walk each day. Many can sleep for up to 20 hours a day so are great for families and busy working couples. However there are exceptions to the rule and some greyhounds will require more or less exercise dependent on their energy levels and age.
As a large breed of dog, greyhounds actually require much less room than other breeds of a similar size and will often be found curled up around the house. We have greyhounds living in studio apartments, units and townhouses, as well as large homes and rural properties."
Italian greyhounds are a whole different breed as well as a different matter. They are difficult to keep and have terrible temperament. They also need huge amounts of room.

Yeah, however, it takes me 36 mins to walk 5km with my Jacks and I do that twice/day, so a 20 min walk for a greyhound twice a day isn't a whole lot less... you'd still cover 2-3km in that time and for the average person in today's society, 20 - 40 mins walking/physical activity a day is considered iron man training. LOL But, it's definitely a good thing if you want the motivation to get fit and keep active... Even on the days where I don''t feel like going, the dogs Harass me until I do so we all benefit from it. The most walking people tend to do today is from the couch to the fridge, to the bathroom and back... Anything more than that is deemed unnecessary.

No sh*t, I saw a bloke about 6 weeks ago while I was out walking the dogs, he was on a segway.... He'd of been my age or younger and I thought, how tired do you have to be.... LOL
segway-tours-montreal-1.jpg

[doublepost=1517376313,1517375202][/doublepost]Even the fury of a Jack Russell Terrier is softened when daddy is with his baby girl.

Alaska & Rippa. <3
20130220_162600.jpg

3 kilometres is hard??? People really need to start getting fitter rather than just staring at a computer screen. Although I have a friend who has a really active lifestyle, and he got a greyhound for company while jogging (10km plus). He was really surprised to find that the dog quit after about half an hour and wouldn't even walk - it just lay down under a tree. He literally had to carry it back.:) I don't mind 4km walks twice a day - and I decided on the greyhound because it can tolerate smaller spaces (lot of the garden and the house taken up by aviaries, enclosures, etc. for my other animals) And also because I'm not allergic to them.

3 kilometres is hard??? People really need to start getting fitter rather than just staring at a computer screen.
Yeah mate, have a look at the obesity epidemic in this country now... We're either just behind or on par with America.. It's pretty sad. I do my 2X 5km walks plus 30 mins of cardio every day religiously.

Yeah mate, have a look at the obesity epidemic in this country now... We're either just behind or on par with America.. It's pretty sad. I do my 2X 5km walks plus 30 mins of cardio every day religiously.
Australia doesn't even come in the top 20 for obesity, America is 12th. We are third in English speaking countries though.

Australia doesn't even come in the top 20 for obesity, America is 12th. We are third in English speaking countries though.
All I said was we're just behind or on par with America... which is correct. 1 in 3 Aussies are obese and that's messed up.

"Australia is one of the fattest nations, jumping almost 40 places to 25th in obesity ranking, just behind the US but well ahead of France, Finland, Germany and Japan."

Owner fears dog has been stolen by pig hunters
9-2186769-fra240113buddy_ct620x465.jpg

hi all some of you guys probably have heard of this story before ill put some more details but you guys probably like everyone said to me it so late hes gone because he has been missing for 4ys now but i know this family very close and id realy like to find out or even return him if i find him but there is always faith

Buddy, her bull mastiff cross, has been missing since Monday.

She fears he's been taken, possibly pinched from the street.

He's not the type of dog to wander too far, according to the Aldershot woman

He's got a place in a loving home, a girlfriend across the road and friends in the street.

Ms Hodges said that because of Buddy's breed she automatically assumed the worst when he went missing - that he'd been taken to be used pig hunting or to breed pig hunters.

Maryborough police are unaware of any ongoing problems of this type.

But it doesn't ease Ms Hodges' worried mind - and she says as a rescued dog with a placid nature, Buddy could never enjoy that kind of life.

"The people who own (his girlfriend) took him in after some people had used him as a pigging dog and he was mistreated - he was belted and starved...," Ms Hodges said.

"But Buddy just decided to move in with us when our old dog Turbo died.

"He's a gentle giant, he's very polite.

"He sits down and shakes hands, he's very polite with other dogs.

"There's not a mean bone in his body."

Ms Hodges isn't hoping for miracles, just to see her little guy back home.

She'll ask no questions and hold no grudge.

Buddy, 3, is a whole bull-mastiff cross, 90cm tall, with a black and white coat.

He went missing near Marshal Rd and Silver St, Aldershot.

He is registered but not microchipped.

you might not know but if anyone knows anyone or has seen this dog were ever please tell me
"its not to late to make a difference" thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back