The Earless Dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snake6p

Reaction score
Hi;
does anyone have a pic or any info on the earless dragon and the striped legless lizard or no were i can get info on them.
I've just learnt that they are an indangered species and live in my area and would like to no what i'm look'n for.

Thanks.

I'm not sure, i was just told earless dragon.
where does the lined earless dragon originate?

i think your talking about Tympanocryptis lineata it has a SVL of 58mm and is endangered in victoria

if you cant find info on it look for the following closely related dragons

T.centralis
T.houstoni
T.pinguicolla
T.tetraporophora (thats a mouthfull)

striped legless lizard aka Delma impar SVL 100mm endangered in vic/SA and vunerable nsw/act

love the leglass lizards if there was one species i could replace the lizard diet with rodents or insects i would get em hope this helps ill dig out john fowlers website that has pics and range maps on just about every aus species of herp

Kenshin said:
love the leglass lizards if there was one species i could replace the lizard diet with rodents or insects i would get em

Burtons Legless Lizards feed on lizards only. Most (if not all) other species of Legless Lizard feed on insects.

Daniel

well would you happen to know of anyone that breeds legless lizards apart from burtens prefer a species on the largish size maby one of the scaley foots

We recently had a Reptile show in ACT diplaying these species among others. Some pics of Grassland Earless Dragon (Tympanocryptis pinguicolla) and Striped Legless Lizard (Delma impar)

Thanks everyone,
After i got the sceintific name i found pics and info on them in one of the books i have.
The book says the dragon hasnt been seen in my area since the sixty's, but i'll get out and have a look anyway.

thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back