The Ex Factor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should You have a say in your partner's friends?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
im friends with every single one of my ex's (bar 1). a couple of them would be right up there on the list of my closest friends. however when i start a new relationship with someone then im very upfront about this fact, as im not into keeping secrets from my partners. i have only ever had one gf who had issues with this, and it caused quite a few problems. hence shes the 1 and only ex i dont speak to anymore. her loss i say. as long as you trust your partner then there should be no issues IMO

just a further addition to my post. i also dont have issues with my gf's talking to their ex's either. that would be very hypocritical of me.

Talking to ex parteners is overated and causes problems and strange tension that should not be lingering once you start a new relationship.
This is my personal view, that it is up to each individual to finish something completely with there ex'es, before they start something new, none of this over lapping business that everyone seems to do these days.
If you have children involved be amicable of course, but no flirting or bringing up past stuff, just purely keep it straight with your childrens mother nothing more.

As for your answer, damn straight you have the right to tell your partner your not happy with them talking to there ex, I would say if he is hiding there contact history or bagging her, there would be alot more to it then what he is portraying and not worth knowing anyways. Be straight up, no secrets along those lines and both parties will be happy in your relationship...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back