Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamsMice

Reaction score
Hey after looking at my fish I decided to make a fish thread who actually out there keeps reptile and fish well I do!:)
At the moment I keep cheery shrimp, endelers,guppys,neons,Platy,korley loaches and yer I'll post a pic of my tank not that good planning on getting rid of fish nd turning into a cheery shrimp tanks:D

Hey,

I've set up a slightly brackish tank to resemble a portion of a river in the Northern Territory. I have chequered rainbowfish, an archer fish, a golden eeltailed catfish and a sole fish.

Love fish keeping. Very excited to study fish medicine next semester. Are you going to breed your cherry shrimp?

Ohk nice rainbow fish are cool that exicting reaserching Medician that would be good yes I am breeding started with 4 probley got bout 60 now move them too 2ft tank and going to do it up get rid of fish so the cherries can go hard lol

I love archers but I thought they were happy in fresh? How old are they, can they spit accurately yet? We have a bunch of fish tanks, turtles and oscars are favs.

Yeah Archers are quite happy in fresh water, but he was being kept in brackish water, as were the others, so am slowly working them back to fresh water over time.
He can spit surprisingly accurately. He once spat out of the corner of the tank, and hit me where I was sitting on the couch eating breakfast. If I put something on the lid of the tank he'll hit it too, and he can wash any food stuck to the side of the tank down into the water. He also spits underwater to stir stuff up off the bottom. No idea how old he is, but he's the smallest I've seen.

Have a new filter arriving tomorrow, so will put up a photo of the tank once it's installed :)

It's always interesting hearing about other people's tanks and what they've got.

Nice choice fish and tank Platy are cool I love them there so many colours and patterns mine orange and black tail, but I'll probs get rid of him due to a want to get serousily into cherry shrimp or I can put him in my hexon tank.
Banana Lilly I see I hade one it grew great and big, biggest I have experience left the light of for one or two days it rotted my Elodia is powering though

I just bought a 650 starfire glass tank but I have to build a stand before I set it up, it will be the best one I have ever had, very exciting. I was considering archers with the turtles but I dare say they will get eaten at some point. Hahahaha he hit you on the couch, thats impressive. It would be interesting having them in an enclosure with lizards (and bugs etc). I have an oscar called dog that likes belly rubs, rolls over for them, its a very strange fish. The other oscar would eat your finger given the chance. The silver dollars are nice looking fish (I have six so they are happy) and get pretty excited when they eat (you need a lid as they go nuts and jump out by accident sometimes), I like the peppermint bristlenose (I just find them pretty). The blue yabbies are pretty cool but escape artists. I would eventually like to use one of the tanks I have now to set up a victorian native fish tank (after the large tank is set up I will have some spares) and possibly an african cichlid tank in the future.

I had an oscar, he was of the type that would jump out of the tank to attack you. Drew blood from a couple of people.

Whether your archer survives living with turtles would probably depend on the turtle. My old turtle used to push fish around with his nose, but never try to eat them. Others gobble them up quick smart. Would be pretty awesome to put in with lizards and bugs. They have amazing aim.

I have a bristlenose catfish too, who used to live with my turtle as well, and now lives with my parents, in my Dad's tank. She used to beat the living daylights out of my turtle, and any other fish who came within swiping distance. You could always put them in with your turtles. They definetely take care of themselves. My golden eeltailed catfish is a wimp, haha.

I'd definetely like to do an African Cichlid tank one day too. There are some amazing fish with beautiful colours.

Could someone post a pic of there archers as I can't find them on the web

My fish tank - with its old and inadequate filter.

Fish tank.jpg

My Archer Fish, called Robin Hood

Archer Fish.jpg

A Rainbow Fish, one of the Merry Men

Rainbow fish.jpg

I paid about $24 for my Archer fish, and $12 for each rainbow.
Am hoping to get a pair of Cato River Rainbow fish. They're so beautiful.
Cato River Rainbow 5-6cm - Rainbows - Tropical Fish

Attachments

• IMG_2188.jpg
    IMG_2188.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
I used to keep fish, i miss them.

fhfdhfsgh.png

Last edited:
I had lots of fish but my favourites were what you see in the tank. Female bettas.
Won't get back into them untill i don't keep other animals (which will probably be never), they're too much work man. I hated cleaning out fish tanks. I'd rather just look after a freshwater croc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back