Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can pick up motoros for about $400ea these days
I payed $1000 for my trio a year ago
Really not hard to look after at all and were easily the best pet i ever owned. So interesting

That's unreal!!! Were they from private or is that the average shop price now?

I can see it now, my tank in the future....

10x3x2, with pig nose, eels and motoros :D :D :D

Can any of you identify the Galaxias in this video. They are from Wilsons Prom in victoria
I cannot be 100% sure from the vision provided. However I would say they are most probably Common Jollytails Galaxias maculata. However, there is the outside chance they could be Mountain Galaxia Galaxias olidus, depending on the colour variant of the latter occurring on Wilson’s Prom.
Blue

That's unreal!!! Were they from private or is that the average shop price now?

I can see it now, my tank in the future....

10x3x2, with pig nose, eels and motoros :D :D :D

Thats private sales, fish shops arent allowed to sell or display rays in NSW, same as with snakes etc
Yeah sounds about right :D sad i cant keep my pig nose though, hopefully i can pick another one up in a few months

Here's a pic of one of my males a few weeks after i got him

IMG_0029.jpg

0012.jpg

Ah, I didn't realise fish rules were getting strict here too.

You wouldn't believe what I saw in a display tank here the other day... a pair of Tigrinnus!!!
They looked awesome! Would love some of those too!

You're frontys look nice, nice clean bars :)
What locale?

I want to get a pig nose but I want something smaller...

Thats awesome, Im going to have to get some. Would oscars be too aggressive to live with them? Is one ok or should you have two or more? I have a custom tank thats 650 Lt but its nearly as wide as it is long so has a good bottom surface area, the oscars and silver dollars are going in it as soon as its set up. I know they are common but I love my oscars, hard to beat for personality.

Ah, I didn't realise fish rules were getting strict here too.

You wouldn't believe what I saw in a display tank here the other day... a pair of Tigrinnus!!!
They looked awesome! Would love some of those too!

You're frontys look nice, nice clean bars :)
What locale?

I want to get a pig nose but I want something smaller...

The frontys are kigomas. Really would of liked to breed them but once again didnt have the time :(
Yeah my pig nose is about 15-18cm long, his not big but would probably be about 3yo

Not sure on the oscars, my frontys would have a bit of a nip on the rays once or twice but it only happened as soon as i put them in and then never after that
I dont see it being a problem, the rays just stick to themselves and are usually just cruising around the bottom or playing in the bubbles

I used to breed Frontys, they take AGES to mature and it normally takes them a few goes to get it right.
Also, I find them a bit boring after a while, they're such a slow sluggish fish lol.

I like Tankbusters and Geos :)

I used to breed Frontys, they take AGES to mature and it normally takes them a few goes to get it right.
Also, I find them a bit boring after a while, they're such a slow sluggish fish lol.

I like Tankbusters and Geos :)

Yeah this colony was about 6-7yo and bred twice before but they hid a lot for the first few weeks i had them as the previous owner kept them in a tank which never had a light he would only depend on the sunlight (which wasnt much) so they were all very skittish and would freak out whenever i entered the room (which was a lot since the tank was in my room) but after a while they were fine but yeah theyre very sluggish but majestic in a way, love their colouring and how they will just float there for minutes on end lol

The best thing about them is they're easy to photograph lol

I havent had geo's, very pretty. There are generally placid arent they? I think a tank with them and rays would be great.

Ah Im just thinking about the money vanishing setting up yet more.

Haha very true
Gonna pick up a colony of zaire blue next tank
Think the blue will look awesome on the black background and white sand

Love those ones! You'll have to throw up some pics when you get em :)

I reckon the blue would be darker and stand out more with tahitian moon sand ;)

Before my life was over run with herps, my house and garage was full of tanks lol.
I think at one stage I was running over 30 tanks.

Pics will follow when I get back to Sydney ;)

Moon sand would be nice but wanna try and break the black up a bit

I started my tank when i was 17 and was working full time and pumped most of my money in it lol
I reckon a good fish tank is more entertaining then a tv

Thats awesome, expensive hobby. Had turtles and crocs?

Moon sand would be nice but wanna try and break the black up a bit

I started my tank when i was 17 and was working full time and pumped most of my money in it lol
I reckon a good fish tank is more entertaining then a tv

Def, I often sit in my front room which has a few tanks, the snake enclosure and a poker table, no tv. Its getting hard to play poker with people though because they just stare at the animals hahaha. I had the sparky here today wiring up the solar and he spent ages looking at them all.

Agreed! I could sit and watch my geos for hours. I miss that tank so much.
I'm so glad I got some videos of it to look back at.

I sold it to a mate for dirt cheap on the condition that he kept all fish and tried to breed the Columbian/Venezuelans. He still has it and I can see it when ever I'm in Perth.

9x2x2 on stand with lights, three canisters, powerhead, inline heaters and all the fish for $1000....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back