Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a good mate and someone I trusted to look after the fish well. That was more important to me as it took a while to build up that colony and I had grown them up into such beautiful fish. I've seen a few around that didn't look any where near as good as the ones I had, I think the way they're grown and raised has a major part in how they look as adults.

Moon sand would be nice but wanna try and break the black up a bit

I started my tank when i was 17 and was working full time and pumped most of my money in it lol
I reckon a good fish tank is more entertaining then a tv

With my fronty tank, I had the lights set up so it looked dark and had a few light spots.
It was a seven foot tank with 2x2foot lights placed at the back. I found they were a lot more confident and it gave the tank a nice dark, deep feeling.

Yeah i put a towel underneath the light and it dimmed it perfectly and they were a lot more calm and active
Will definitely be doing what you said next time and only using a few smaller lights instead of a big one

Are you getting them as adults or are you going to raise them yourself?

One of my mate had his tank set up with a few of those small spot lights, it looked really good too.

Are you getting them as adults or are you going to raise them yourself?

One of my mate had his tank set up with a few of those small spot lights, it looked really good too.

Will be getting adults, they'd be too small for the tank if i raised them myself
Lighting isnt something ive looked a whole lot into, maybe i should start lol

The main reason I made the lighting that way is because, in the wild, they come from deeper water so they're used to darker surroundings. I also had mine in a 2.5 foot high tank.

Yeah mine will be a 6 x 2.5 x 2.5 so will most likely have 2 x 2ft lights
Want it to have that darkness so the blueness of the frontys is strong and the rays and aros will hopefully get darker

Any one know them led light that hang costing around 200,400,800,1000,2000$ so on they are brilliant they hang from the a metal pole thing great for growing plants coral ect I might have to get one

Wow people actually pay that much for a light!?
Id rather spend it on more fish :p

Metal halide are also good and often have a space for night lights which look beter than the day on some tanks but they are quite expensive to buy and run.

Ebay is my friend lol.

I wouldnt bother with the led style unless you have coral.

Lol eBay is my life saver yer see one of those light think 2400 or 4800 something ridickoulas but it was big! There also good cause they have two light the normal ones and the blue led light think for night

But yer wouldn't bothered I rather get a pair of gtp I would get the led light one small one for 2ft of eBay think about 60ish $ which is alright

Last edited:
I'm all about keeping it cheap and basic lol
My setup will be 2 fluval fx5, strong 2 outlet air pump, 2 heaters, 2 x 2 ft lights
Not much can go wrong and if it does its relatively cheap to fix

Yeah thats the one. I picked up a 4ft metal haide with four globe fittings, two for day (one at a time is enough, bright enough) and two for night. It has been re-wired for seperate cords. Its worth a heaps and I got it for 150 with a new metal halide globe which is worth a fair bit buy itself. Costs a lot to run though.

Yeah mine will be a 6 x 2.5 x 2.5 so will most likely have 2 x 2ft lights
Want it to have that darkness so the blueness of the frontys is strong and the rays and aros will hopefully get darker

What type of Aros? Please say silvers :p

My setup will be 2 fluval fx5, strong 2 outlet air pump, 2 heaters, 2 x 2 ft lights

Smart to have two filters and heaters in case one breaks as well.

I've used FX5s but am now thinking for big tanks, you can't go past a sump. So much cheaper and better if done right.

i see you are a goephagus fan, i use to have 8-9 in a 4ft tank and a few bull rout

What type? and how'd they go with Bullrout? Didn't go missing one after the other? lol

What type of Aros? Please say silvers :p

That is correct :D may look into a RTG further down the track but just too expensive atm
Yeah i have a 4ft sump sitting in my spare room and will most likely use that and have a fluval as a back up

That is correct :D may look into a RTG further down the track but just too expensive atm
Yeah i have a 4ft sump sitting in my spare room and will most likely use that and have a fluval as a back up

I like your taste in fish :D
Where are the aro pics and how big?

When I was in HK last year, the fish prices there were enough to make one cry :(
Even Pig nosed turtles were dirt cheap! They had albinos there too. Over there, pig noses are as common as snake necks are here!
Anyway, they had stuff like RTGs for like $15AU :( Gar, aros, rays everything so cheap there.
I'm thinking of moving there in there future...

I like your taste in fish :D
Where are the aro pics and how big?

When I was in HK last year, the fish prices there were enough to make one cry :(
Even Pig nosed turtles were dirt cheap! They had albinos there too. Over there, pig noses are as common as snake necks are here!
Anyway, they had stuff like RTGs for like $15AU :( Gar, aros, rays everything so cheap there.
I'm thinking of moving there in there future...

Dont have them yet, will be buying them off a mate. Theyre about 30cm each
Yeah i probably would cry going over there lol, would kill for a leopoldi and flower ray
I know a bloke who has 2 leopoldi rays, 1 henlei ray, 1 violet fusion aro, 2 RTG, 1 HBRTG as you could understand im incredibly jealous
Thats easily 100k worth of fish or more
And yeah ive seen vids of albino PNT damn they look good. I dont understand how theyre so readily available over there when theyre an australian species :(
Spose its like foreign countires having better morphs of aussie snakes etc they always seem to be 10 steps ahead of us :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back