Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you guess what this is...

IMG_0547.jpg

These will bring a tear to your eye. ( Current $1AU= $HK 8.3624)

IMG_0594.jpg
IMG_0539.jpg
pencil.png

That a jaguar ray?

Damn that makes me sad :( and not because i cant have them but because theyre stuck in those bags for such a long time

I thought the same thing but they actually only stay in there for a day. Almost as if they had been shipped interstate. They rotate the fish as well. The ones in the bag move faster cos they're pre-bagged and cheaper. The only one I really didn't like was the pig nose in a bag :(

The rays a hybrid, can't remember what the two were though lol.

Suppose thats a plus
Yeah wouldnt be good seeing that, i'd wanna buy them all just to get them out of the bag lol
The day aus catches up to other countries with their quality of animals ill be a very happy boy

I'm thinking moving there is the only way to see and have such things in my lifetime lol.

Guess its just one of those things that if you know the right people you can get whatever you want

That's just not normal that is quite sad but for a day....but still I don't think I would like to be stuck in a... Small Cupboard for a day

Everyone else knows where to get them but me :(
FML

lol, I'd rather not know though.

I think the fish black market will only get bigger once the new noxious lists come out...

Thats private sales, fish shops arent allowed to sell or display rays in NSW, same as with snakes etc
You sure? I've seen them in a few shops before, here's a pic of some in one of my local shops.
stingrays.jpg

You sure? I've seen them in a few shops before, here's a pic of some in one of my local shops.
stingrays.jpg

Hmmm dunno, tried selling my rays to my LFS but he said he couldnt display them or sell them in his shop
Those are really nice looking rays too

Yeah that pic is from a year or so ago, they were $1500 for a trio I think, phone camera didn't do them justice at all, the blues & pinks really stood out.

Yeah that pic is from a year or so ago, they were $1500 for a trio I think, phone camera didn't do them justice at all, the blues & pinks really stood out.

Alot has changed in the last year in regards to noxious fish. There is a grey list of fish that may be noxious soon and a lot of the fish we currently have or can get will become noxious. Sucks :(
Could also explain the steep price drop...

That'd be hard to police (depending on what, if any, laws are introduced), with no way of knowing who has what, how many etc.

Would that extend to marine as well, or just fresh water?

Looks like natives may become more popular & more widely available?

That'd be hard to police (depending on what, if any, laws are introduced), with no way of knowing who has what, how many etc.

Would that extend to marine as well, or just fresh water?

Looks like natives may become more popular & more widely available?

Yeah, the only way people would get caught is if someone reported them. It only makes getting certain things harder. The stupid thing is, there really is no logic behind what they want to ban. Most of the list wouldn't even survive if they ever got into our waterways and the threat of disease will only be present due to the fact that no one will bother with proper quarantine if they're smuggled in. I really hope this doesn't happen :(

I doubt this would affect marine species as they don't really occur in small, closed bodies of water.

Natives would definitely become more popular but the hobby itself would suffer.

Exactly, it does seem strange. Is it a knee jerk reaction to invasive species spreading? Or is it a case of too little too late, or is it a token gesture? Time will tell I guess.

Marine species can (& have) cause issues, such as Northern Pacific sea stars, or weeds like Caulerpa taxifolia.

can someone pm me a caresheat on saratoga/arowana looking to get one sorry its a bit off topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back