Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about shrimp and cherries? Cherries are mad also Smithers that's cool how you got your set up are they divide with glass at first I though he was in the dish tank a branch getting se tukka haha

Shrimp and Cherries FTW

Shrimps and cherries???

Cherries are shrimps and CRS are better :p

Exactly, it does seem strange. Is it a knee jerk reaction to invasive species spreading? Or is it a case of too little too late, or is it a token gesture? Time will tell I guess.

Marine species can (& have) cause issues, such as Northern Pacific sea stars, or weeds like Caulerpa taxifolia.

I think it was a reaction to a few species being found in our water ways.
Mainly G. brasiliensis. But some of the major pests we have were intentionally introduced by the government. Go figure.

Ok I will start with lounge tanks, 6 x 2 central American tank with 3 Zonatus, 2 Dovii, 2 jack dempseys, Rainbow cichlid, 4 silver dollars, 4 clown loaches and a gold spot pleco.6 x 2 south American Rio Brancos, Orange heads, an oscar, pink tail chelceus, a flagtail, peppermint bristlenose and a panaque nigrolineatus.4 x 18 with a bocourti and a bumblebee catfishNow the fish room 3 x 18 small oscar, red humps, whiptail catfish and 2 L 397, 4 x 18 with a festae, 4 x 2 a pair of Feneatratus, 6 x 2 a large synspillum, xxxl gold spot pleco, knife fish, green terror and an L014 which is a sunshine pleco4 x 18 6 Juvi zonatus, gold spot pleco, 2 bristlenose, knife fish and a rainbow cichlid.4 x 2 a pair of bocourti8 x 2 2 oscars, 1 shovelnose catfish, 2 spotted gars and 1 panaque nigrolineatus.5 x 2 red tail catfishIn the kitchen 9 x 4 with a 2.5ft mangrove jackOutside 9 x 6 pond with an archer fish 4 tarpons and cray fishI think that's all. Lol Plus about 50 reptiles.

What about shrimp and cherries? Cherries are mad also Smithers that's cool how you got your set up are they divide with glass at first I though he was in the dish tank a branch getting se tukka haha

:D Nar it's just a background on a small tank I have the Spiny's in atm.

Here's one of many tanks I have had over the yrs.
View attachment 206997View attachment 206998

Last edited:
:D Nar it's just a background on a small tank I have the Spiny's in atm.
It's always nice to see herps displayed in a natural setting ;)
I might put up a picture of the solar system on the back wall of my bluey's enclosure haha
Nice tanks mate, I always struggle with plantings in my tanks, the plants either struggle or go feral, there's no middle ground.

It's always nice to see herps displayed in a natural setting ;)
I might put up a picture of the solar system on the back wall of my bluey's enclosure haha
Nice tanks mate, I always struggle with plantings in my tanks, the plants either struggle or go feral, there's no middle ground.

LMAO Anthony, I think a background of the solar system would be a nice contrast for the animal.. ;)

Planted tanks are a struggle at times, Co2 works wonders.

Yeah I was thinking of trying CO2, but my main problem is actually the fish. By fish, in particular snakehead gudgeon. They are fond of burying themselves in the gravel, & uprooting any plants in the process. Even planting them alongside rocks, timber, glass, they still get them one day. Also their raging bull antics when charging feeders, smashes the plants something fierce. So it seems only the hardiest plants survive, & when they do survive, they are like weeds (probably are actually haha)

Possibly try Anubia's on driftwood may be an option for that sort of peskie critter :p

Yeah that's another option, albeit at a bit of cost, anubias aren't that cheap around here.
It's not so bad, plants are relatively inexpensive & so long as there's some in the tank it's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back