Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your ideas mate. Sounds like it would look real nice. Just a thought for ya. Check the link below on a cool idea of rain maker i saw on you tube. I was gunna make mine the same, but then i found the pond outlet in my box'o'bits, and decided to try that out first, I'm pretty happy wityh the results i have gotten.
Cool thats pretty similar to the idea I'm thinking of bar the "water bar", I'd rather have a coil just so I can isolate where I want the rain.

I'm going to redo my frog enclosure this weekend so I'll keep you updated on whats happening.
Btw im not breeding or anything it will just look cool :p

Cool thats pretty similar to the idea I'm thinking of bar the "water bar", I'd rather have a coil just so I can isolate where I want the rain.

I'm going to redo my frog enclosure this weekend so I'll keep you updated on whats happening.
Btw im not breeding or anything it will just look cool :p

Yeah for sure. I'm keen to see how you go.

Jannico

How'd you go mate? Get the rain system sorted over the w/end?

who has red eyed tree frogs? Can anyone give me advice on how to set these guys up? Any tips?

Im getting temps of mostly 20 - 24 degrees and water is at about 30 degrees. I have heaps of humidity (not sure exactly as no hydrometer).

Red eyes are pretty much the same as Green Tree Frogs.
just smaller really.
Its good you can fit a whole bunch more species together.

hey guys, just reding through your thread and thought you know a little about frogs. i have three red eyes for about 10 months and they are to greening up nicely, i have them in a fairly sophisticated setup with a dipwall on diftwood and a couple of plants in their 3x1x1ft enclosure. i noticed on one of my frogs back he is devolping white dots much like those of a gtf. i have reaserched this on the internet with not much of a result. just wonder if this is normal/common for the Litoria Cholris.
thanks.

hey guys, just reding through your thread and thought you know a little about frogs. i have three red eyes for about 10 months and they are to greening up nicely, i have them in a fairly sophisticated setup with a dipwall on diftwood and a couple of plants in their 3x1x1ft enclosure. i noticed on one of my frogs back he is devolping white dots much like those of a gtf. i have reaserched this on the internet with not much of a result. just wonder if this is normal/common for the Litoria Cholris.
thanks.

Sounds like a great enclosure, toss up some pics!

I also have three Red Eyes :) None of mine have white spots, could it be a sign of a deficiency? Do they have a UV light?

Little White Dotties

Sounds like a great enclosure, toss up some pics!

I also have three Red Eyes :) None of mine have white spots, could it be a sign of a deficiency? Do they have a UV light?

26102010.jpg

In regurds to your questions:
- they had a uv light but with the recent electricity bills soring above average mum made me relocate them to a spot that gets a lot of natural UV and sunlight to compensate.
I also gutload their food (crickets) with fresh fruit and carrots and the product gutload and try to vary their diet with insects i find around the house and in the garden.

I don't really think its a sign of deficiency i think it is more like the white dots found on The Green Tree Frog (Litoria Caerulea) anyway here is a picture, sorry about the quality it was hard getting this photo because i dont touch my frogs and to get the photo was a hastle without waking the frog up and hopping away.

26102010(001).jpg

You can sorta see the two or three more pominent dots but i have counted atleast 9.

Yeah, I love frogs ! Not able to get one at the moment though :( Keep the thread alive !

Lovely setups anyone ! what would good dimensions for 2 adult Green trees be ? And would an exo terra be alright ?

Personally, I don't like the exoterras, Especially not for bigger frogs. The wire mesh on the top is no match for a clumsy frog's nose. I put my Perons in as a temp, and they all had sore noses within a day. they tend to dash themselves at any bugs, moths, escaped crickets that hang around the lights on top. The exoterras don't much seem to stop even the large crickets escaping either... The smaller frogs might be OK, but then you have smaller crickets.. LOL!

thanks.

Hi Shea92,
no this isn't a deficiency, it is an uncommon variation on normal. I have one about the same age with these same spots too. I called the breeder who told me these spots are very desirable to some ppl, and hers don't have them, so consider it lucky! Mine were bred by a lady from Sydney, so maybe we have frog cousins?
So don't worry at all, our spotty froggies are beautiful! ;-)

Personally, I don't like the exoterras, Especially not for bigger frogs. The wire mesh on the top is no match for a clumsy frog's nose. I put my Perons in as a temp, and they all had sore noses within a day. they tend to dash themselves at any bugs, moths, escaped crickets that hang around the lights on top. The exoterras don't much seem to stop even the large crickets escaping either... The smaller frogs might be OK, but then you have smaller crickets.. LOL!

I personally think the Exo Terra and Zoo Med tanks are pretty good, especially in the larger sizes. But I do agree about the mesh thing. But dont all setups have mesh that the frogs can rub their noses on? It doesnt affect my two male frogs, but my female keeps rubbing her nose on the surface of the mesh. Im not sure why, but Im guessing it may have to do with wanting to move to new areas/dispersal for breeding?

I have a ZooMed enclosure, and did have a few food escapees, but just places some tape over the holes. But I know what you mean. Im planning on a much bigger enclosure!

Does anyone feed their frogs Cockroads (woolies). I changed to them as I thought I would give my frogs some variation in food I feed. But I have been finding the woolies super difficult to feed to the frogs. They seem to be smart :) As soon as they see an opening in the lid, they all scatter and try to escape. It really makes for some tricky handwork to get just a few out. The one good thing about the woolies, seems that the frogs seem to get fuller quicker. Most of the time they only eat one per feed.

OH, and here are photos.
WATCH OUT, IT'S HUMONGOUS!

2wf4v9e.jpg
Bird's Eye-ish
vzx4yt.jpg
Water bowl
2ln7m9h.jpg
Shelter
33njee1.jpg
Shelter
mbjp1t.jpg
Frog
1006121w.jpg
Frog

heres some of mine

litoria ewingi
ff.jpg

wit.jpg

albino litoria aurea.
11.jpg

malbino.jpg

abino.jpg

l. aurea with pigment missing?
trans.jpg

Does anyone feed their frogs Cockroads (woolies). I changed to them as I thought I would give my frogs some variation in food I feed. But I have been finding the woolies super difficult to feed to the frogs. They seem to be smart As soon as they see an opening in the lid, they all scatter and try to escape. It really makes for some tricky handwork to get just a few out. The one good thing about the woolies, seems that the frogs seem to get fuller quicker. Most of the time they only eat one per feed.

Yep, I feed all mine Woodies. Dusted every second day.
I also out my frogs in separate containers when feeding. Not so i can regulate how they eat but to get them to actually hunt down and at woodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back