The Gardeners Thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks delicious!
If you like your hot stuff, get your hands on a bottle of Scorpion Strike. I added 5 drops into a massive pot of pasta sauce. Even that is enough to bring sweat to my forehead... Should have seen the others who ate it! Hahaha.... Apparently I have a much higher tolerance to chilli than they do.

Lucky for Patrick he can order some of the best chilli sauces from Fire Girl , she just wont ship to OZ no matter how many times I beg !! .Even one her list called " my DADS Hot Sauce is Hotter than Your Dads hot sauce "sauce . Its the only think she has shipped to me as I won a fathers day sauce naming competition with it . :D

borntobenude, Try this place - thechillifactory.com . They make the Scorpion Strike D.Dave was talking about plus a range of other chilli sauces. A good excuse to get out of the big smoke and go for a weekend drive up the coast.

Caliherp, What variety are those chillies (I think we spell it differently to you guys). Not Habanero are they?

Blue

borntobenude, Try this place - thechillifactory.com . They make the Scorpion Strike D.Dave was talking about plus a range of other chilli sauces. A good excuse to get out of the big smoke and go for a weekend drive up the coast.

Thats the one! They have 15 different strengths, all rated out of 10, the Scorpion Strike is 15/10, good stuff!

Met the guy at the Good Food and Wine Festival in Melbourne this year. The girl I was with was all excited about the wines so she disappeared there, and I made a quick beeline for the chilli stand. A day well spent!

Looks delicious!
If you like your hot stuff, get your hands on a bottle of Scorpion Strike. I added 5 drops into a massive pot of pasta sauce. Even that is enough to bring sweat to my forehead... Should have seen the others who ate it! Hahaha.... Apparently I have a much higher tolerance to chilli than they do.

lol I love to trick my family into eating my spicy creations. Among other things I am using these for salsa. Ionly use about half of the larger ones per can of tomato sauce(along with other ingredients) and I find that it has the perfect spiciness to flavor ratio. I have never bought scorpion strike, but I will buy a bottle and give it a try.

Lucky for Patrick he can order some of the best chilli sauces from Fire Girl , she just wont ship to OZ no matter how many times I beg !! .Even one her list called " my DADS Hot Sauce is Hotter than Your Dads hot sauce "sauce . Its the only think she has shipped to me as I won a fathers day sauce naming competition with it . :D

never heard of fire girl. does she have a website? if you want I can get it for you and ship it to you at cost.

Caliherp, What variety are those chillies (I think we spell it differently to you guys). Not Habanero are they?

Blue

We spell them the same. I bought them as Habanero orange peppers.

On a side note can anyone tell me if peppers flower from internodes where they previously flowered? I have quite a few new ones growing on the top. I have only see it flower from internode once.

Last edited:

Blue

Yes Bluetounge1 been eating it for years , don't even mind their newest choc/Habanero sc . they are available at most markets in Sydney . when I won that comp they sent me a complete guide to chilli sc from around the world , so I am trying to do it by the book . :lol:

I like my chillies but am clearly a rank amateur amongst present company. Those habaneros would most definitely burn me on the way in and again on the way out. A certain Jonny Cash song comes readily to mind...

Caliherp, I have not really taken much notice but I used to get fruit all over my plants, including the inner branches and not just the terminal tips. Whether it was old internodes or newly produced ones I cannot say for certain. Mine were quite small chillies so there were lots of them - don't know if that makes a difference to where they bear fruit.

Blue

Does anyone know what these are?
They were popping up around dec-march, Im guessing some kind of mushroom,...that just happens to smell like cat crap,....

Attachments

• cat crap.jpg
    cat crap.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 202
Thanks Andynic, i googled that and they look the same,...apparently native to america and europe. :)

Im in mount colah, so not really close close,....have you seen them in willoughby?

Im in mount colah, so not really close close,....have you seen them in willoughby?
I am no mushroom expert and was having a bit of a guess at what it was and have since found out that there is not a lot of them in Australia but there were some recorded around Willoughby. I am not that familiar with the area too so I will have to check the map to see where they are in relation to each other. Maybe either Blue or Jamie might have a bit more knowledge on this than I do.

id say theres about 15kms between mount colah and willoughby, so not really far away,...how lucky am i having rare stinky mushrooms in my yard, lol!!!

very cool fungus, i like urs better than mine!! :p
i found something while i was googling the name andynic suggested and came across something similar,...colus pusillus.
ill send you a link,...

very cool fungus, i like urs better than mine!! :p
i found something while i was googling the name andynic suggested and came across something similar,...colus pusillus.
ill send you a link,...

Thanks, from that link it looks like Colus pusillus.

Oh and i also learned to be careful which links I click on when googling 'fungus forums'... i nearly ended up discussing nail fungus and more intimate fungal problems :oops:

2013-09-20_22-08-47.jpg
2013-09-20_22-09-04.jpg
2013-09-20_22-10-19.jpg
2013-09-20_22-09-57.jpg
2013-09-20_22-09-57.jpg

Nothing beats getting a little dirty, and watching all your hard work pay off.

I took a few pictures of a majority of my succulent collection today for a friend, so I figured I would post them here. Pease excuse the mess, im in the middle of cleaning up my backyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back