The market place

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrVic

Reaction score
I understand the need for restricting access to the "For Sale" threads for subscribers.

What I don't understand is the restriction on the WTB forum.
This limits the amount of items that your sponsors or other members can sell to non subscribers.

I would like to purchase a couple of juvenile xxxxx but I am unable to do so.
One of your sponsors or subscribers may have for sale what I am looking for however they will never know therefore they miss out.

Before you all jump up and down and scream "just subscribe" you need to take into account that maybe I'm not ready to subscribe to these forums, I may still be evaluating it's worth or I may not be able to afford to.

Whatever the reason, the current restrictions could be rethought?

If you post a wtb ad it will encourage non-subscribers to sell (not to the same extent as subscribers and sponsors) rather than paying for a subscription. If that makes any sense.

I appreciate that.
Which is the lesser evil? The opportunity for subscribers and sponsors to transact or a non subscriber making the odd sale? :)

I appreciate that.
Which is the lesser evil? The opportunity for subscribers and sponsors to transact or a non subscriber making the odd sale? :)

I dunno mate, I'm really not sure.
But would it be the odd sale?
How much would it retract from sponsors and subs?
If people aren't purchasing subs then there might not be much in the way of keeping this forum going.
I think the market place has taken a hit from facebook as it is though.
Just some thoughts :)

I have no idea as to how many non sub sales that would create.

If the subs aren't working then perhaps some other methods of revenue raising.
I don't purport to have the answers. Google Adwords is one method. I've seen revenue in excess of $800 a month.
Then again the forum may exist solely for the sponsors. I don't know.

Anyway, I'm off to find a couple of......... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back