The new forum setup

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Its very early days (as in hours) but what is the feedback on the new site? What do you like/not like, what can be improved and what issues do you have?

Its a work in progress and even though its not 100%, I am personally happy with the change so far

Certainly easier to view the forum on a phone.

I think I'll reserve my opinion on the changes though at this stage.

That being said, thanks Stu for your on going efforts to keep the forum up and running. No doubt you've put in a few hours this weekend.

Well done on getting the site migrated with minimum hassles (for us). The site looks good and the reality is it always takes time to adjust to a new environment; be it a reptile to an enclosure or a human to changed website.

All the best.

Thanks cagey, I really appriciate the kind words. I was dissapointed it took so long but I am happy it was worth it, even if there is some tidyup still to do.

Hey @Stompsy, just use Chrome or Safari instead of an app. Heaps better
Yeah I've been using safari on my iPhone and I'll use Chrome at work (as always) was just curious is all. Looks way easier to navigate in browser on a smartphone than the previous software, so I'm pretty chuffed already.

Thanks for the reply and all the hard work getting it moved over.

I don't really use it on my phone, but on my laptop it looks pretty good, bit more organised I think. The trophies are pretty cool too.
Appreciate the effort that goes into maintaining this site, thanks Stuart :)

Don't like it at all. I thought we were going for minimalist / subtle changes but this is as subtle as being hit over the head with a house brick. I much preferred the original format.

When I log in there are three options in the top left "Home/Forums/Members" however the "Home" option appears inactive at this time.

I like the new format, even if as apprenticegnome says, it was like being hit with a house brick, lol.
No access via tapatalk on my phone though. Always found it easier to view the forum that way on a mobile.
Overall, good work Stuart.

you cannot add photos from mobiles.... other than that looks good

Click 'upload a file' under the text box in your reply and that will allow you to choose a picture from your library. :)

I too miss the old setup a bit. The layout looks a bit generic and it's hard to see it as APS. Just seems to look like an average forum. Hopefully with time I should get used to it.

I'm not particularly fond of photo attachments showing up as thumbnails, I like it better when they're inserted into the post.

Test

Attachments

• IMG_0612.JPG
    IMG_0612.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 436
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back