Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekiel86

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Whats does everyone think will be the next big thing in the snake world...

Have GTPS :D

Looking at buying albino darwins ATM :)

But everything seems to be big for awhile then drops away when lots of people start owning them and the rush to own one dies down and so does the price...:|

so whats the next big thing going to rock are little python world.. :lol:
Hurd about albino blonde Macs..
If not what else is floating around out there...
If i was not to buy a breeding pair of albino darwins what else should I look at:?
Any ideas everyone?:D

Hey everyone!

Whats does everyone think will be the next big thing in the snake world...

Have GTPS :D

Looking at buying albino darwins ATM :)

But everything seems to be big for awhile then drops away when lots of people start owning them and the rush to own one dies down and so does the price...:|

so whats the next big thing going to rock are little python world.. :lol:
Hurd about albino blonde Macs..
If not what else is floating around out there...
If i was not to buy a breeding pair of albino darwins what else should I look at:?
Any ideas everyone?:D

What's wrong with the price dropping and more people owning them?

NO NO its great everyone owning more of them.. wish everyone in Aus had pythons like dogs as pets..
but im just sayin from making money..you spent alot to buy the pairs at the start of the trend and then is dies off before you pay the mega bucks back owing from the parents lol thats the only bad part LOL

Rough Scaled Pythons were the next big thing, and are fascinating snakes to examine and observe as they are unique as a python. However now they are being bred and kept by an increasing number of hobbyists and dropping in price, so with each passing season they will become old hat.
I think jags and other morphs are likely to increase in popularity, things that hobbyist keepers can 'oooh' and 'ahhh' at, due to unique patterns and bright colours.

Recently I have seen slightly striped Bredli's so I think we're going to see striped Hypo Bredli's of the same quality we see now in jungles and carpets and striped B&W Jungles would be cool. Different multi color combinations of GTP's (as adults), and I'm sure Jags etc will eventually become popular .

As you and others mentioned the "next big thing" is obviously something relatively uncommon now.
I am not having a go and excuse me if I've taking it the wrong way but it seems you want to buy the "next big thing" so you can 1. have a something unusual and somewhat uncommon (understandable), and 2. breed it to recoup your initial outlay.
As you've already experienced I don't think you can simply buy the next big thing and hope to make easy money because by then it will already be readily available.
It is something you need to think of many years in advance and selectively breed toward the end result and hope you beat someone else to it. In the same way striped jungles and carpets have been line bred over many generations to get what we have now. The "next big thing" is probably being worked on now and could be 3, 6, 9 years away.

Cheers,
Allan

albino blackheads & jags & other morphs, now that nsw has opened the books up to all sorts of crosses like jungle x bredli, bredli x diamond & so on, give ppl a few years & you will see all sorts of new morphs popping up.. they will make up the names like 'deadli's'(diamond x bredli)... see what happens...what ever america has done in the past always seems to come to australia sooner or later....

albino blackheads & jags & other morphs, now that nsw has opened the books up to all sorts of crosses like jungle x bredli, bredli x diamond & so on, give ppl a few years & you will see all sorts of new morphs popping up.. they will make up the names like 'deadli's'(diamond x bredli)... see what happens...what ever america has done in the past always seems to come to australia sooner or later....

The thing you forget to mention tony that cross breeding is illegal every were in Australia except NSW.
SA NPWL are haveing a crack down in SA with cross breeds & are putting them all down!

Albino BHPs and GTPs, the Jag thing won't take off too far imo, well maybe 10% of them will, the others are pretty plain looking... someone needs to crack a Aussie piebald.... mmmm piebald woma.. now that would be nice!

The thing you forget to mention tony that cross breeding is illegal every were in Australia except NSW.
SA NPWL are haveing a crack down in SA with cross breeds & are putting them all down!
thats why i said 'NSW'...is it illegal to import them or just breed them? or are only the NSW breeders going to make the $$$ out of this change..

Bits

Everything depends on one simple word called quality
If you have quality breeders you have quality stock for sale
If your stock is good quality you make money
If not you dont; you dont
Simple really

Top quality GTPs still command high prices
Ordinary ones dont
Same with most varieties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back