The Stuff you see online :|

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davobmx

Reaction score
This is up there with the stupidest
du4y7e3e.jpg

What are you talking about? It happens up here all the time :p run away woma and all that haha

6yja5ata.jpg

I don't get what the problem you have with the first pic is?

- - - Updated - - -

In Australia it is common for snakes to be out in summer. fair enough not all cruise through the lounge, but at least she doesn't have a shovel to its head.

It's like dropbears and huntsman spiders... Scaring tourists is a national passtime.

that's my point Ambush, its a joke, not a serious real life situation

Its meant to be "stupid".

Some people need to get their senses of humour checked me thinks

Im genuinely interested in what DavoBMX thinksmakes it any more stupid than any other thing on fb.

- - - Updated - - -

It's like dropbears and huntsman spiders... Scaring tourists is a national passtime.

But it doesn't seem to stop them from coming here.

I just think there are a lot more "stupid" things online than this pic, like the snake deterrent recipe that is doing the rounds now.

This too me is humorous, maybe stupidly humourous, but definitely not "up there with the worst"...

Last edited:
Lol my goodness! It's a joke :D
- - - Updated - - -
Meanwhile in Australia is an awesome page on fb, nearly up there with IFLS and 7 years with Harry taught me more than 12 years of muggle school ever will. Lol :p

Last edited:
Lol yeah you've got to have a joke with tourists, people that have never been here are the best for it. I've got family overseas and some of em even believe I ride a kangaroo to work its amazing.

Well I wouldn't mind if that olive were to slither thru my place like he owned it...and hang around for as long as he's likes haha and I agree it's a hilarious page, very good for a laugh, I especially like the Australian Style Guys Spa in the back of a ute lol only in Australia :D

Australia is up there with the most 'feared' as far as nature goes. Drop bears, boxing kangaroos, snakes everywhere, etc...

Which is also why I'm totally against the emptying of some croc infested waters in QLD, due to 'danger to tourists'. Tourists go there FOR the crocs, without them, there will be no tourists. It's a danger thrill for our overseas guests.

that's my point Ambush, its a joke, not a serious real life situation

Its meant to be "stupid".

Some people need to get their senses of humour checked me thinks

Im genuinely interested in what DavoBMX thinksmakes it any more stupid than any other thing on fb.

- - - Updated - - -

But it doesn't seem to stop them from coming here.

I just think there are a lot more "stupid" things online than this pic, like the snake deterrent recipe that is doing the rounds now.

This too me is humorous, maybe stupidly humourous, but definitely not "up there with the worst"...

This is from an American page with a generally American audience, this is serious unlike the actually funny stuff off the (meanwhile in Australia page).
My point is not about a joke it's about the fact people believe this.
Read the comments on the photo.

This is from an American page with a generally American audience, this is serious unlike the actually funny stuff off the (meanwhile in Australia page).
My point is not about a joke it's about the fact people believe this.
Read the comments on the photo.

The comments on the picture (on Meanwhile Australia) are no different from any comments you see on a pic of any snake by non snake lovers.

If people believe everything they see on the internet, its them that is stupid, not the photo that was posted. How is this serious? Its an internet meme. Not a warning ad for tourists!!!

Its like you reading a joke about a kiwi and a sheep and actually believing that every Kiwi has a sheep for a girlfriend, or seeing an Asian meme with a guy doing karate and believing that all Asians know Karate. If your silly enough to believe it then that's your problem.

I really don't understand what you find so offensive and stupid. Its a picture of a snake on a floor with a silly caption, nothing more, nothing less.

Does this make you think "Oh wow, does everyone in Australia feed their pet crocs like this?
is this smart.jpg

Or, oh crap, now I have to worry about a cat shooting at me?
catgun.jpg

Last edited:
Its like you reading a joke about a kiwi and a sheep and actually believing that every Kiwi has a sheep for a girlfriend\

Wait wait wait.......... What are you trying to say here? I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that Kiwi's are quite fond of their sheep, I will not let you, or anyone else, try to tell me otherwise. :lol:

Wait wait wait.......... What are you trying to say here? I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that Kiwi's are quite fond of their sheep, I will not let you, or anyone else, try to tell me otherwise. :lol:

Sorry Dave been there three times recently and have hardly seen a sheep , Not even in my mates backyard .Every time I go I do try to convince his youngest daughter that they should get one .

Sorry Dave been there three times recently and have hardly seen a sheep , Not even in my mates backyard .Every time I go I do try to convince his youngest daughter that they should get one .

It's much like us and kangaroos. I've been there a couple of times, and only seen a couple of paddocks with them in there.
Granted, I did spend most of my time either in Christchurch, or on the snow fields.

What are you talking about ....I've got plenty of kangaroos around me ,they're my neighbours and they do hop down the main street of town ....But I'm yet to see one of the school kids around here ,getting taken to school in a roos pouch !....Americans will believe anything ...we Aussies know that ! Kiwis hide their sheep from us ,we know that too!

that's one thing I love about our animals! is scaring the tourists!!!:lol: especially with all our venomous/toxic/poisonous animals:twisted: love telling people how toxic and deadly they are! some people I've told say they never want to go into the water(ocean) again:twisted: now that I love

The stuff you see online....

[video=youtube;jofNR_WkoCE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back