The things we do for love!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KaotikJezta

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Plotting world domination from the depths of Hellb
The other week I purchased a male sub adult Gippsland water dragon. I knew it had snout damage and when I went to look at him, he seemed a little scared but otherwise ok. When I picked him up I didn't really examine him again. When I got him home I noticed his feet seemed a little deformed. Then I noticed his legs were swollen. I soon discovered he could not hold himself up or climb and had to move by sort of swimming across the ground. I don't think he had ever had vegies but he tentatively ate some bok choy. Clearly he had MBD symptoms. I started him on calcium and vitamins and put in fresh UV lights. A couple of weeks on, the swelling is down, the feet are starting to improve, he can walk and climb and he is alert and active and eating like a typical guts, munching all his vegies, chasing bugs and just being a water dragon. He still has a little trouble getting out of his water, but he has made a huge improvement. At first I was feeling ripped off but now I am just glad I have him and he is receiving the care and attention he needs.

Well done! I am so glad to hear that he is doing well!!!!
It is a lovely feeling when you see animals improve in health and you should be very proud of yourself for helping this little feller! :)
Keep us updated

Awesome can't wait to check them out!

Goodonya. There's a beer in the fridge for you anytime.

Nice, KJ. It's sad that he has MBD, but it sounds like he'll make a decent recovery under your care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back