Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moved on the 12th, let our Internet and Phone Service Provider know in advance and was told it should be good to go on the same day, since I gave them plenty of warning. Turns out the new place has a fault, although the I&PSP tested the lines on their end and apparently nothing was wrong. Yeah, right. Anyway, got a technician in to check out the problem, spending money that could've gone towards Xmas or whatever. Turns out we've got an open circuit on the phone line with no voltage or something (phone line refuses to work, no dial tone or anything of the sort, internet works though, if an average of 45kb/s can be called working), and that it's a job for our I&PSP to fix since the technician could only fix stuff inside the house. Earliest we can get someone in is on Jan 5th. I suppose that may be reasonable, but I'm annoyed because I'm paying good money for a service that I'm not happy with. I've got coursework piling up because I don't have access to high speed internet which I greatly need to study. It's a trial just to load pages like this and if someone else is using it, I better be prepared to wait minutes for it to load. Ugh. I'm already behind because of the move... and then I'm having trouble with the NPWS site. For whatever reason, it refuses to send me emails and trying to change the email associated with my licence does nothing. So now I've gotta find the printer, print out a Change of Details form and email them, and hope that I don't get a random inspection in the meantime because I left my licence at the old house thinking we were going back that same weekend. I've got a digital copy here but the address is the old place, sigh.

Feeling really worried about my pets safety and well being cos my sisters getting a cat next week.... Not a good match for a household full of birds, reptiles and fish...

So sick today but I have enclosures to build D:

- - - Updated - - -

I have 4 cats and lots of reptiles. I'd be worried about birds though depending on the kind of birds and how they're kept.

I wish this rain would stop in the Hunter valley, if it keeps up it's going to be a hard year for the wineries.

Im annoyed that doctors so rarely tell you the side effects that the meds they put you on can have. Ive been to many docs and not one has mentioned the countless bad side effects ive had to suffer through (suicidal ideation as a side effect to anti-depressents? seems a bit backwards to me! haha). Im on cymbalta now to treat my anxiety and have found it a godsend, but at no point was i warned about how bad the withdrawals would be when i was through with my course. Despite being a well-educated, clever (i hope!) girl it really draws me into that old mindset of Big Pharma as the bad guy that has all our physicians on puppetstrings.

I had a similar thing happen this week, not as serious though, the doc prescribed me an acne medication me one of the side effects was vertigo (which i didn't know about at the time), I couldn't stand up without feeling lightheaded and weak in the legs. Wasn't angry since this was the first problem i'd had with him, just would have been nice to know so i could look out for it haha

- - - Updated - - -

Im annoyed that doctors so rarely tell you the side effects that the meds they put you on can have. Ive been to many docs and not one has mentioned the countless bad side effects ive had to suffer through (suicidal ideation as a side effect to anti-depressents? seems a bit backwards to me! haha). Im on cymbalta now to treat my anxiety and have found it a godsend, but at no point was i warned about how bad the withdrawals would be when i was through with my course. Despite being a well-educated, clever (i hope!) girl it really draws me into that old mindset of Big Pharma as the bad guy that has all our physicians on puppetstrings.

Try a calming strain of indica medical cannabis to alleviate anxiety naturally perhaps?

Last edited:
Hit a tree in the company car because I tried to avoid roadworks and took a dirt road, roo jumped out at a corner and I hit the brakes, result ute slid into a tree breaking front head light, damaging front bumper, quarter pannel and bonnet :/

Have no money what's so ever till Thursday grrrr, and I want to start this enclosure build but guess I have to wait

Jerk of a neighbour thinks my green strip is his private parking lot for his overflow parking and his private dump.

I've been very accommodating .and tolerant of this up til recently (to be neighbourly and not make waves) but when I wanted to get my lawn mowed and asked him very nicely if would please get his big 4x4 off my council strip which it had been parked on nonstop for weeks (I gave him 2 days notice), was told he would only move his car off my green strip if I would remove my car which was parked on the road at curb-side in-front of MY OWN home. The hide and gall of the man ! telling me I AM NOT TO USE MY OWN PARKING AT CURBSIDE as he wants to take it over.

Lawn mower guys arrived and car was still there and they had to work around it.

Decided that I'd had enough of the BS and I asked him again to stop using my green strip as his parking lot, his response was (again - "you are full of sh** !" and "only if stop parking at curb-side in-front of my own home" to wit I responded - "no , just remove your car and rubbish or I'll call the council", at which stage he became abusive and levelled some personal threats and walked away, and so left me with no option but to report his illegal parking and illegal dumping to the council.

House egged next night (but can't prove anything as the gutless toerag was gone by the time I looked outside) , then banging on his car trailor at mignight and into small hours a few nights later (he's malicious and small minded and ignorant turd) , called cops but he'd finished by the time they showed up.

Some people will take a mile if you give them an inch and think bullying and making threats make people back off - sorry pal, but I know how to deal with jerks and bullies, you don't back down and never give in to them, and make sure you keep the high ground (no tid for tat retribution and no lowering yourself to their level) and use the law against them. From now on - I wont be asking them to stop infringing my property rights or other rights, I now simply record and report everything (either to the council or the cops).

If he cops nasty letters from the council and receives fines - he brought it on himself. I could care less if that upsets him. I am no one's door mat.

End of rant.

- - - Updated - - -

Hit a tree in the company car because I tried to avoid roadworks and took a dirt road, roo jumped out at a corner and I hit the brakes, result ute slid into a tree breaking front head light, damaging front bumper, quarter pannel and bonnet :/

Ouch - that'll be expensive for you..... good thing is you didn't get injured. I've seen many a collision with trees that are too close to roads where the outcome was far from pretty and some even fatal.

Really how hard is for a the local council to get rid of such dangerous trees ?

Or power-poles that are within inches of the curbside ? - dammed dangerous !!!! and can also be lethal.

Last edited:
i'll turn my pms on. Lemme know which parts you're having trouble with.
Mainly the import stuff and who I'm getting it from cos idk yet.
do I need to send the licence and import stuff seperatly or do it all on the one application?

im thinking of getting either a water dragon or children's python at the Illawarra reptile show...

Can't trust other people to look after my pets while I'm away :( . Always come back heart broken :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back