Theft prevention! Whats your method?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stopthatsnake

Reaction score
With all this talk about stolen snakes i thought id throw it out there...

How have you secured your snakes from theft? Do you have locks, an alarm, moat, sentry guns or perhaps you let your most dangerous beasties roam the house

Without giving it all away what do you use to prevent unwanted people getting at your beauties?

I release the dogs, or the bees. Or the dogs with bees in their mouth, and when they bark they shoot bees at you.

Last edited:
DSC02902.jpg

An explosive disorder with little purple pills being the fine line between gbh and peace, no seriously!!!

Not sure which is more terrifying: the gun or Elmo.

8k worth of security system + 2 x p terriers.

i am known as the crazy chick who chased a burglar of my verandah with an axe handle when i was 3 months preg. i have found that reputation precedes me around here and if ill do that when preg, then god knows what i would do when im not pregnant! then again maybe it wasnt me that was as scary as my 150kg husband chasing the dude up the street in the car wearing nothing but his jocks.! the bulldogs also seem to put people off...

8k worth of security system + 2 x p terriers.

p terriers?

l have a un-listed or private phone number, which means no-one can look in the phone directory and see where l live or gain access to my private phone number.

And l don't pass on my details to just anyone, and when l selling any of my Reptiles or Reptile products, l make sure those who do come near my home, don't get to see what l keep here in my home because its private and belongs to me.

I decline to answer.
If some lowlife is gonna rob me of my herps (again), he'll need to do more research than browsing this thread.
I will put this out there for him though: Next time, I'll be ready for you, punk!

I am lucky, there is not much criminal activity around my neighbourhood....I guess I would just talk them into submission/scare them away with mine eccentric behavior LOL or make them a cuppa ROFLMFAO
Now if I was out in tha sticks, I would handle it vewwwyyyy differently ;-)

And on that note, I'll add that the best protection against theives is being selective in who know what you've got and where its kept.

my security consists of an unlocked drive through garage, however the 2 staffies out the back which can get acces to the garage, will take a limb. Also they will not take any food unless they are given the command

Looks like a friendly face to me =p.
She loves her mummy and is lovely when I introduce her to people. However, strangers get a rather different greeting. We still have skidmarks in the garage from a silly tradesman who didn't listen and approached the back gate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back