Thermostat and timer products

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mje772003

Towards the end of this year i am getting a water python and an olive python.
I am getting a dual enclosure and wanting to know what would be recommended for heating as i don't know whether to go with light and ceramic heat or heat radiator panel and light ?

The next question is what do people recommend for a timer for lighting and thermostats for both enclosures as not sure. If habistat is recommended what model is the best suitable one?

I know herpshop have a massive range of Habistat Thermostats and descriptions about them, but that's pretty much all I can help with thanks to my newbishness.

- Justin

Those radiator panels are still relatively new so not a lot of people have had a chance to really test them out. Have you looked at heat cord as well? A lot of people who use them say you never go back.
As for timers you can just use the mechanical ones you plug straight into the wall. You can get them everywhere

Timer - go digital. I've used a couple of the analog ones (where you push/pull the pins up/down) and they either lose or gain time. The digital ones are much more accurate.
Thermostat - depends on heating you use. I just use ceramics with a simple on/off thermostat and my temperatures don't seem to fluctuate too much..

i'm using uv & heat bulbs. i'm blowing alot of bulbs so think about changing heat source. i'm just start to to use ceramic heat bulbs to see how that gos never tried heat radiator

Timer - go digital. I've used a couple of the analog ones (where you push/pull the pins up/down) and they either lose or gain time. The digital ones are much more accurate.
Thermostat - depends on heating you use. I just use ceramics with a simple on/off thermostat and my temperatures don't seem to fluctuate too much..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back