Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarpetPythons.com.au

Reaction score
Well it started, Pipped the first eggs for the season today. I was not going to take any chances with my babies. Luckilly the SIM incubation tub ;) ( annoying sales pitch) keeps it nice and humid in there so they dont dry out. Every time I see these pythons in their eggs they look so under developed.
DSC02581.jpg

DSC02584.jpg

DSC02588.jpg

I have had hatchlings die in the egg in years gone past. This prevents them from drowning and dying in the egg. Just gave them a helping hand into this world.

Any pictures of the parents?

Last edited:
That's creepy... But oh so interesting to see! Is the membrane still entact? (is it the veins I can see?)

Just wondering if the sim tubs are so great and the best thing to incubate in, why is there a need to worry about the bubs and cut them open early?

Cheers,

Kris.

I will add photos later orientalis. Because I am paranoid about them dying in eggs. I have only had it happen once before. Lost enough babies to make anybody paranoid.

good luck. i have lost more animals by pipping them then i have by leaving them.... i was told that if you are considering pipping the eggs candle them first for veins, there shouldnt be any visible when they are ready because the young absorbs the blood etc??
best of luck.

Each to his own I guess. I pip, have never lost a hatchling. I have a very small surgical scissor, if you have steady hands and work gently there is very little chance of cutting through veins. After 51 days at 31.5 degrees celcius the eggs are ready. All they have to do now is crawl out, and they are good to go.

Nice shots.....great sales pitch and brings me one step closer to some purchases...well done!:)

Thanks all. The funny thing with albino carpets is that I have not encountered a violant angry one. These mother albino snakes are grumpy as hell, I don't blame them. I can just imagine how grumpy I would be if someone tried to take my boy.

They don't swimin there. It's not big enough to do laps in. They only rotate their heads to light and away from light. The veins are usually not that visible on pigmented hatchlings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back