Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The blood vessels are attached to the shell and they are bright red. The veins are also nice and thick. As the movement of gasses depend on high and low potentials I would suspect that oxygen and carbon dioxide will exchange regardless of the presence of a porous shell. High oxygen levels outside the egg would allow for movement of oxygen into the blood that has a lower concentration of oxygen and vice versa for carbon dioxide. I have also done some Reading about the protective nature of the albumin and it's protective properties in regards to the embryo. Bacteria and micro organisms can not grow on the albumin as it prevents infection by creating a hostile environment for microorganisms and by acting as a microbicide ( Kohler, 2005).

Ok, thanks for raising that point. I only thought about that afterwards. The blood vessels can absorb oxygen from inside the egg now. Thanks for correcting me.

I love this thread.. i check on it every day!! the pics are amazing and i love seeing the development of the lil fellas..

Im so glad you posted, im learning so much.. its awesome!! :)

this is a mad thread hope the little guys get out ok :)

p.s great bit of marketing

I have a clutch of Darwins incubating at 31 degrees and they have just hit day 62 and not one has pipped yet. Same as last year.

I cut a slit in the eggs after the first one pips itself as I think mother nature knows best and evolution has done its job for thousands of years.

each to their own I guess,

I found it interesting when people started comparing humans to pythons....never seen that one before ;) usually it is dogs vs snakes (in the genetics debates)

j

I have a clutch of Darwins incubating at 31 degrees and they have just hit day 62 and not one has pipped yet. Same as last year.

I cut a slit in the eggs after the first one pips itself as I think mother nature knows best and evolution has done its job for thousands of years.

I found it interesting when people started comparing humans to pythons....never seen that one before ;) usually it is dogs vs snakes (in the genetics debates)

j

Agreed!

I'm also going to say each to their own, but I do find it incredibly funny how human beings tamper with things that have worked for millions of years. And when you think about it there can be no argument to defend it. If you're having trouble with eggs hatching or whatever, there is something amiss. Surely??

j

Zobo,letting the snakes hatch themselves is kind of boring,your wittnessing topgun ER stuff here,reckon they could take a dump and write a book about it,anything can hatch out but this is hatching out in style (if it works )

I love this thread.. i check on it every day!! the pics are amazing and i love seeing the development of the lil fellas..

Im so glad you posted, im learning so much.. its awesome!! :)

Your learning how to make a mountain out of a mole hill,like giving every pregnant woman a caesarian section

I'm glad you put up that link to what Brian Barnett had done with that egg which I mentioned earlier on in the thread and shows this is nothing new however it is an interesting thread.

I haven't been able to spot any egg teeth does anyone know at what stage of developement the egg tooth can be seen?Usually when one hatchling emerges from it's egg it stimulates the rest to hatch but not always.I had one jungle egg not hatch last season and when I cut it open the hatchy was fully formed with an egg tooth and coloured up but didn't hatch,I wonder if it didn't hatch because it was week or just not meant to be and if I'd have pipped it would it have hatched??

by keeping wild animals we as humans are already tampering with things. I am glad we do tamper because i enjoy keeping snakes. but we can't just decide that piping is tampering when basiclly everything we do with our pet snakes is. we tamper with the temp we tamper with humidity, we tamper to take the eggs to the incubator, we tamper when sexing snakes, the list is endless. it doesn't matter who agrees with this and who doesn't we should all read, learn and enjoy this thread. thanks again for the informative thread cp.com.au. look forward to additional pics.

well said firedream there is nothing natural about keeping animals in enclosures and usually very far from they're origin. but i too am glad we do. apart from the usual know it alls its a great thread and thank you for having the courage to post it, many wouldn't. Dont think i could do that to my own eggs though lol.

Zobo: I would like to see how you react when you have a clutch that does not hatch one day. I wonder if you will pip or not?

Browns: it's exactly a question like "when does the egg tooth develop?", that can be answered by a thread like this.

Mountain out of a mole hill? I am glad I can turn this into a mountain as I have had researchers contacting me about this method. I am also just waiting for some pics to be posted by another member.

This has never been a competition with Brian Barnett. It seems you don't need an elaborate setup like a humidicrib after all to keep hatchlings alive.

You guys are correct! Each to their own.

REGARDLESS of what some may think ,wether you find Nicoles methods barbaric and over tampering etc ...You have the right to your opinion ,and its been a great debate on the fors and against ...This ride isnt over so to speak ..the babies are not yet there ...so untill that matter occurs ..why argue and stress over a situation ..for some may be eating their posts ,if all goes well ...then again Nicole may be eating hers ..we wont know till that time comes ..All must agree it is interesting, either way you have bet on its outcome ...and as far as taking chances ,if humans never took risks ,we certainly would still be giving people a bit of stick to bite down on,and a few swigs of whisky, whilst cutting off their leg ...intervening is what makes progress ...anyway, I am one that really is amazed by this thread ,and wish Nicole all the best for a happy positive outcome ..

Agreed!

I'm also going to say each to their own, but I do find it incredibly funny how human beings tamper with things that have worked for millions of years.
What, you mean like taking animals out of their natural environment and keeping them in cages inside your home??? Or how about breeding in captivity and tampering with natural selection... You know, something that has worked for millions of years... LOL
I think it is funny how people who keep and breed reptiles in captivity try to take a purest angle to prove their point when someone else does something that is not so natural...

And when you think about it there can be no argument to defend it. If you're having trouble with eggs hatching or whatever, there is something amiss. Surely??
There can be many things "amiss"... When you keep, breed, and incubate in captivity, human error can be blamed for the majority of issues when it comes to hatching issues....

Your learning how to make a mountain out of a mole hill,like giving every pregnant woman a caesarian section

There's more being spoken about on this thread then what was originally posted about!!! im not saying i would do what CP has done but the info that has come from peoples experiences is food for thought..!!! and the pics are awesome..

What, you mean like taking animals out of their natural environment and keeping them in cages inside your home??? Or how about breeding in captivity and tampering with natural selection... You know, something that has worked for millions of years... LOL
I think it is funny how people who keep and breed reptiles in captivity try to take a purest angle to prove their point when someone else does something that is not so natural...

There can be many things "amiss"... When you keep, breed, and incubate in captivity, human error can be blamed for the majority of issues when it comes to hatching issues....

Its probably not a wonder as to why the mortality rate is so high when it comes to people keeping these animals (eg: not the right environments, lack of humidity, too much humidity, not enough water, too much water, too hot, too cold blah blah blah). I think as a keeper it's important to try and get your head around what might actually work for the animal, rather than to further bend or distort certain aspects of the animals ‘very own nature” to suit ones needs. Surely from that perspective it's not too hard to understand where I'm coming from?

I did say "each to their own" and what I've written is my sole opinion only, right or wrong. I'm honestly not having a dig. The thread and pics are quite interesting, but I can’t get my head around reinventing the wheel.

I see this topic extremely educational material for all of us. For young new hobbyists as well as for experts.
I can't do this experiments my self, (to much time involved). But I enjoy to see in photos finall development of snake embryo.
Now people who have eggs in same stage can imagine better what is going inside of the shell. Just magic.
I think that we should move this topic to Reptile Studies topic after .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back