Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
re These

They gotta be close to crawling out,carpets and diamonds ive incubated at 31c were 53 to 56 days to pip,what are the time frames to hatch on average with darwins,from those experienced with the species,youve hatched clutches of darwins slatey how long did they take etc ?

They gotta be close to crawling out,carpets and diamonds ive incubated at 31c were 53 to 56 days to pip,what are the time frames to hatch on average with darwins,from those experienced with the species,youve hatched clutches of darwins slatey how long did they take etc ?

Zulu I breed Darwins only for 3 years now.
Moisture 50:50 vermiculite water.
Temperature in my incubator is balancing from C30 to C32 ( not to good thermostat. Heh.)
they hatch usually in 60 days. Last year the eggs have been much larger, and they hatched in 59 days.

Day 59:
DSC02724.jpg

DSC02725.jpg

DSC02727.jpg

DSC02728.jpg

DSC02729.jpg

DSC02732.jpg

DSC02733.jpg

Doesnt look as thou they have long to go now....Cant wait to see those when they leave the egg...MARK

Breeding in captivity, we have marked success raising hatchies to adult, generation by generation our success is leading to the downfall of the genetic integrity of our charges, the least we could do is let hatching take its course to seperate some of the wheat from the chaff.

If only we could use the darwin theory and strike the weak from our gene pool..
Hell we would have no gen y and it would cut the posts on this site by hundreds
maybe we should start with snakes and hope it rolles onto humans and stop saving the stupid.

cannot wait to see the end products CP.c.a

Last edited:
I know of several cases where people have lost entire clutches cause the snakes couldn't get out of the eggs, had they have piped them, they'd all be alive now. Just cause theres a fully formed snake in the egg and it hasn't hatched yet it doesn't mean it hasn't tried. In atleast one case the snakes had no egg tooth, and couldn't slice the eggs.

But saying that I never pip unless I've seen one head.

Theres something I was reading a couple of weeks ago talking about young in the eggs not having that egg tooth and being unable to pip........ their opinion was that in that case, theyre best left to do it themselves, because the lack of the egg tooth could be a genetic defect and those that don't have that tooth to help them out could genetically pass that down as a recessive gene in future grnerations, which would cause a big problem! I think it's called the survival of the fittest?

Awesome pics Nic...
I notice that some have a hard time catching on to reptile physiology, incubation stages and development of the embryo... I hope that atleast some of the people reading this can see it as it is...
An entertaining, educationlal thread...

Looking forward to more pics!!!

reThese

Zulu I breed Darwins only for 3 years now.
Moisture 50:50 vermiculite water.
Temperature in my incubator is balancing from C30 to C32 ( not to good thermostat. Heh.)
they hatch usually in 60 days. Last year the eggs have been much larger, and they hatched in 59 days.

Thanks for that slateman,your time frames are similar to those reported by Neil Sonneman in Keeping and Breeding australian pythons book thats interesting,so due now. cheers

I think day 58 had a pic of a tooth as well as yesterdays installment. On my way to go and take some pics for you lot.

Day 60: Almost time. Look carefully. You can see the egg tooth in a lot of these pics.
DSC02734.jpg

DSC02735.jpg

DSC02736.jpg

DSC02737.jpg

DSC02738.jpg

DSC02739.jpg

DSC02740.jpg

DSC02741.jpg

DSC02742.jpg

DSC02743.jpg

DSC02744.jpg

DSC02745.jpg

DSC02746.jpg

DSC02747.jpg

DSC02748.jpg

DSC02749.jpg

DSC02750.jpg

I took some photos for those who always complain about fungus on their eggs. I had some beardy eggs die about a week into incubation. I left them among the good eggs to just show how good eggs are supposed to defend themselves against fungus. If eggs go mouldy then there is something wrong with them. Those eggs should not be saved, this is also aiding the week to survive.
DSC02751.jpg

DSC02752.jpg

Notice how the mould is not affecting the healthy eggs???

In one of the last pics,a hatchy's head is a fair way out yet still looks like a lot of yolk it needs to absorb.
Is this OK? Will it come completely out without absorbing the yolk?

Awesome photos Nicole,you can see the egg tooth quite well in most pictures,so has only the one crawled partly out,all the wait and negative comments looks like it has paid off...With anything theres always some that agree, while others will disagree...We all cant like and do the same things....Well done...MARK

In one of the last pics,a hatchy's head is a fair way out yet still looks like a lot of yolk it needs to absorb.
Is this OK? Will it come completely out without absorbing the yolk?

That is normal, they wont get out until they decide. I think that one is just exploring. He/She went back into its egg after the photo session. What a show off!!! I should have made some bets.

Pic number 10 shows an egg tooth clearly. The reflect in the flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back