Thick-tailed Gecko help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecksta

Reaction score
I am thinking of get a Thick-tailed Gecko i have a few questions
1. do they need UV or any other form of lighting?
2. how much do they eat, how often and what foods?
3. can 1 Thick-tailed Gecko live in a 21cm, by 37cm?
4. what substrate should i use sand or coco peat or a cross of sand and coco peat?
5. what should the tank have in it?

Thanks Bailey

1. No
2. Every second day I give them about 3 crickets each.
3. Bit small IMO.
4. Sand
5. Water bowl, hides (flat pieces of rock, terra-cotta pot bases etc), they don't need much heat infact too much heat will kill them. But I still have some heat in the form of a buried heat cord at one end. I often see them warming up on the warm sand before they run around for the night.

Hi mate in answer to your qustions

1. No but I do give mine a low heat source using heat cord and thermostate and the warm end of there cage dosen't get above 30c

2. 4-6 crickets every second second day and i use supplements every second feed also use a spray bottle to mist the inclouser every day over the warmer months and avery second third over the cooler months

3. Yes while its small and growing but I would up size to a biigger inclouser or tub as it gets towards aduld size but thats just me

4. all the that will be fine try useing a different one when you clean the inclouser out see what works well for you

5. Pices of bark for hideing under, small hide rock try to keep it basic when they small so they can find the food easy.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back