Thick-Tailed Gecko not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptiles101

Reaction score
So I've had Harley my thick-tailed gecko for about a month or so, he used to eat, but all of a sudden he's stopped, is this anything to be concerned about?

I have changed sized crickets from small to medium, so I don't know if this has anything to do with it. He's hot side is 19/20 degrees in the enclosure, he's up at night and looks healthy.

Could use a bit more information here, such as what are you using for heating?
The hot spot should be around 30-32 degrees. They will not eat if they are not heated up enough.

i was told to chuck hot end at 23 degrees., have they shed while in ur care?

- - - Updated - - -

Could use a bit more information here, such as what are you using for heating?
The hot spot should be around 30-32 degrees. They will not eat if they are not heated up enough.
thicktailed gecko dont need heating of 30 degrees .. dont supply wrong info bro could end up with a dead gecko... you might be speaking about knob tailed geckos?

I'm using a heat mat under 1/3 of the enclosure, I've been told they can get extremely heat stressed with temps of 30+, so I like to have him at 20 degrees or so.

How old is this gecko. Is it a female? Maybe it's going off food as it's gravid? Just a possibility...

this happened to me when i got my thick tail. i asked everyone and just turned out that he was going into shed. he went off food for about a week prior.

How old is this gecko. Is it a female? Maybe it's going off food as it's gravid? Just a possibility...

My gravid pilb has refused food te past few days, sorry for being off topic.
How long has he/she been refusing food?
If you want you could kill a cricket, squeeze the juice out of the crickets neck and using forceps gently touch the mouthparts of the lizard. I have had a male put on a gram after some delicious cricket guts :p

Hayley's a male, don't know how old he is as I got him from a pet shop :rolleyes:.
he hasn't eating in a week, I've killed a cricket and tried squeezing the guts out :twisted: Loved that hahah, but he just turns around a hides in the fake plant I've got, he only shed about 2 weeks ago, don't know if he'll shed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back