Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Joemal on here will know, but I reckon it will be a contest between an Olive and Scrubby.

scrubs longest, olives heaviest. whether its fatter than scrubbys or not, idk, but im guessing it would be

Yeah I would of guessed Olives but wasn't 100% sure...
I wonder what the average weight(s) for an Adult Scrubby and Olive is.
Or then again the heaviest recoirded Aussie Python at that.

Big Scrubbies are still arboreal and generally slender, regardless of their length... Iv seen some pretty chunky Olives. Dont think Id want mine to get that big? lol :)

Top 3 biggest pythons in Aus would be scrub, olive and the oenpelli!
seeing as both scrub and oenpelli are both pretty slender I'd go with olive!

That huge diamond or intergrade that was caught a few years ago and released had some size.Girth 410mm,weight 22.3kg

depening on the conditinos id say its possible Mangy_, Coastals are arboreal so it would have to be very very overfed and the olive would almost have to be starved.
My coastal is coming upto 2yo and its neck is still thinner then my pinky

As much as "Variety" says olives would have to be almost starved, a lot of people have them but how many breed them (VERY FEW) because most people have them overweight.....Rob Mcleod who is "True Blue" on this site breeds them every year and his are quite slim and the same with BHP"s how many have them compared to how many breed them and yet l have removed Coastals from a turkey farm well capable of eating adult turkeys yet are still they arboreal imo Coastals are the bush athlete they can be any size and be mobile and BREED underweight or overweight....solar 17

Joemals olive and coastal are both very solid snakes, if it wasnt for his, id definitely say olive, but his coastal definitely posses some competition.

Biggest/bulk size snake in aus is the Olive and the longest is the Scrub .Yes it depends on wild or captive but in general it's Olives for size and Scrubs for length .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back