Thieves steal 35 snakes from home

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shellfisch

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Published On: -
Source: Queensland Times

THIEVES have broken into the home of an Ipswich snake breeder and slipped away with more than half his prized pythons.

Go to Original Article

You hear about this more and more these days

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the second lot of snakes stolen as someone is in the process of moving!!
Hope Kris gets his snakes back, I think people forget that they are pets and are loved just as much as a cat or a dog.

This is the second lot of snakes stolen as someone is in the process of moving!!

I noticed that too, just don't know if it's significant or not. The other one was at the Gold Coast I think...not that far away... :?

i wonder if someone gets admitted to hospital with a red belly or eastern brown bite in the next few days would the police follow it up? doubt it

all we can hope is they get a nasty bloody shock when they dive their hands into the pollow cases in hopes of pulling a python and come up with a ven attached ..... I hope very much that the snakes get recovered and returned to their rightful owner .... its shocking makes you start to think your snakes shouldn't be kept at home addresses and kept in a secure hidden location ..

poor guy, thats just rotten.

yeah, im also hoping someone opens the browns pillowcase expecting a python,...

People need to have there set up more secure......dont mix with dhs.........dont bring attention to your home be professional about your hobby..... just be careful who you mix with.....dont leave yourself open.....make a baririer....eg...locks bolts alarms time management ...cause time is what it takes...so if some one can break enter to your home and get a way with such items in a small amount of time then you dont have the right deterrent from stopping some one entering your home..... Reptiles cant be replaced.

You should talk to the guy who had his snakes stolen from the goldy and see is if there are any people who you both know and know where you both live

that is terrible ...and as was said ,it seems like it was done by people that knew Kris and his doings ,which makes it a good chance that these tools were so called mates untill this ...

thats just (deleted)up, no qestion about it i only have a small collection at the moment but still run infra red cameras and alarm after seeing all the weirdos that would hang around my mates after posting reps for sale and they get his address guess need to make a mutual meeting place to sell the reps i hope they get a lovely suprise when they open that pillow case

i hope he gets his snakes back and gets to have a quiet few words with who ever done this to him

not good, hope you get your snakes back kris.

should serve as a good warning for anyone selling hatchlings this year not to do business at home.

It'll be treated like any other break-in and robbery sadly. The difference is a TV and DVD player can be easily replaced and ARE covered by insurance. This isn't! I think with larger collections you really do have to get better security. Bars on windows, deadlocks on doors and at the very least a monitored security system that either rings your own mobile, or a security company. It's really appauling that there are people out there who are willing to commit this sort of act and target a hobbyist, and reality there is very little you can do to protect yourself other than the fore-mentioned. I do hope they get caught, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Sorry to hear.

this sickens me how could someone do something like that it makes it alot harder for people who want to find reptiles in there area im in ipswich to! and can not ever find anythign in the are as osme one else said they are pets how would they like it if i jumped there fence and took there dog its rediculous that its come to this but its the times we live in these days i guess

hmm this seams very femilar from the other one which happened just as he was all packed up for a move and had all his snakes in containers and bags ready to go. yet these turds would for sure know them and pretended to be there mates till they thought time was right to strike. also its interesting to know they picked 2 large BREEDERS not just the odd small hobbiest and doing the Huist in breeding season when all females would be producing eggs or close to it. bloody irritating that there are so many *** holes out there that pray on others fortune and destroy so many lives at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back